Any way to quiet loud injectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per prior posts, had a remanufactured engine placed in my Honda Accord V6. It runs great. I asked the shop to put new fuel injectors in it at the same time, which they did.

It runs great but the injectors tick like crazy. I have been told it is normal, but is there anything I can do to quiet them?

Can you hear them inside the car while driving around or only when you open the hood and listen to the engine run? I'm guessing you're just being silly.

Did they re-O-Ring the fuel rail?

AFA what YOU can do, I found for some odd reason Shell fuel causes nosier injectors. Maybe they are cleaner (?) My latest fav gas formulation (terminal additive) is Mobil.

Originally Posted By: kenpoed
It runs great but the injectors tick like crazy. I have been told it is normal, but is there anything I can do to quiet them?

Did they use aftermarket injectors or OE Keihin?

Are you certain it's the injectors and not the valves or a crack in the exhaust manifold?

Direct injection motors tend to have noisy injectors due to the high pressure. Are you positive you're not hearing the valvetrain instead?

Maybe you can try a fuel additive that provides UCL? I use fuel treatment with every tankful of gas in my vehicles now. Earlier this year, I did an experiment and ran a couple of tanks with treatment and then without treatment, I could hear the difference in the injectors, without it, the clicking/tapping was very audible. With the treatment, it helped quiet them down so much, I could barely hear them, and it help with the overall noise level as well.

I'm using Rislone right now, and it says "helps eliminate noisy injectors & fuel pumps, rough idle, hard starting and hesitation."

Here is a link.

http://barsproducts.com/catalog/view/29-fuel-injector-cleaner-6-oz-4701

Originally Posted By: Tegger

I was thinking the same thing. All injectors are not created equal... my guess is they used some non-oem injectors.

Originally Posted By: njohnson
Maybe you can try a fuel additive that provides UCL? I use fuel treatment with every tankful of gas in my vehicles now. Earlier this year, I did an experiment and ran a couple of tanks with treatment and then without treatment, I could hear the difference in the injectors, without it, the clicking/tapping was very audible. With the treatment, it helped quiet them down so much, I could barely hear them, and it help with the overall noise level as well.

I'm using Rislone right now, and it says "helps eliminate noisy injectors & fuel pumps, rough idle, hard starting and hesitation."

Here is a link.

http://barsproducts.com/catalog/view/29-fuel-injector-cleaner-6-oz-4701

Red Line SI-1 contains a UCL and a healthy dose of PEA.

Some cars will have an engine cover with foam insulation to quiet down the injectors.

GM calls it a "Fuel Injector Sight Shield."

Originally Posted By: Christopher Hussey
Originally Posted By: Tegger

I was thinking the same thing. All injectors are not created equal... my guess is they used some non-oem injectors.

As I also said, a tiny crack in the exhaust manifold can cause a "tick" noise that can sound confusingly like valves or injectors. OP would be very wise to investigate that before blaming something else.

BG44K really quieted some very loud injectors in my Tundra. I don't know how long it will last, but its worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back