ANY 1 use CHAMP oil filters????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I work they use CHAMP oil filters made by (of course) Champion labs. My question is has anyone used them or know about how good they are? As good as the ST ones from wallyworld? Thanks in advance
wink.gif

I think you will find the Champ oil filters sold by parts stores to retail establishments that do oil changes, e.g., tire stores. I have not seen them offered for retail sale.

It seems as though Champ Labs filters are marketed under so many different brand names that it will be hard to find someone who hasn't used them. The quickie oil change place I take my truck to uses Warner filters made by Champ Labs. Champ Labs verified this in an e-mail. Had an oil analysis done by Blackstone and one of their comments was "insolubles were low at 0.5%, showing good oil filtration." Of course, they can be made to different specs for different customers, so results may vary from brand name to brand name.

Costco oil change depots in Toronto uses Champ oil filters and Castrol GTX and Syntec which is offered in only 5w-50. If they only offered 0w-30 German Syntec with a Champ, it would be such a deal.

Champ makes lots of filters.
I'm guessing that they make various quality levels since identical filters can be sourced from here or made in some other country.

The supertech/STP/Bosch/Mobil1/Deutsch/Car&Driver/ACdelco/luberfiner/Lee.....have various(if not all) part numbers that are made by Champion Labs.
I bet champ labs would make a filter with "insert your name" here if you bought a couple thousand
grin.gif

Noone around here sells champ filters. But, I've never had a problem with the above that I've mentioned. And, I believe that even the cheapest ones worked great!

[ September 01, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: unDummy ]

There was an oil filter study on the internet. It was a different oil filter study then the one most people talk about.

Anyway, according to some testing that was done in Europe, the Champ oil filter ranked the best. I believe that oil filters for Toyota vehicles were being tested, and according to the European study (and that study is dated now), Toyota's own oil filter looked worse. The FRAM oil filter that was tested was actually considered passable and actually scored higher than some other oil filter brands.

Just as a added note, I don't know where you find a Champ oil filter in the USA, unless it is in AutoZone Stores. There is only one AutoZone Store in Pueblo and I don't spend much time in there. There are a lot of oil filters made by Champion Labs, but I have not personally seen a Champ oil filter in a long time.

I was in a Big R Store recently and I did notice some Champ oil filters. They were selling for a little less than four dollars. That is the first time I have noticed Champ oil filters in a while. They are supposed to be good oil filters-in a European oil filter test (which is dated) the Champ oil filter for Toyota vehicles tested as the best (it tested better than the Toyota oil filter).

I also noticed Puri Finer oil filters (I am probably spelling that wrong). I checked their air filters and they looked good-they also were marked as being made in Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back