*New* Purolator Synthetic Filter *Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I don't buy the Fram Ultra is it isn't made for my particular application. I think the reason is Fram makes too many different filter lines so full coverage is difficult. I don't know why Wix doesn't offer a similar filter line; maybe it's coming. The M1 and K & N's have been around for quite a while.

Originally Posted By: notech47
The only reason I don't buy the Fram Ultra is it isn't made for my particular application. I think the reason is Fram makes too many different filter lines so full coverage is difficult. I don't know why Wix doesn't offer a similar filter line; maybe it's coming. The M1 and K & N's have been around for quite a while.

M1 & K&N don't use a synthetic cloth wire backed media, they have a synthetic/celulose blend.

I was told by Wix that they will be releasing a synthetic filter as well.

The Purolator PSL filters are not in stock at my local AAP stores (have to be ordered). Why ?

Last edited:
Probably because it's not a big seller - most people buy the cheap filters not knowing exactly what they are getting. Plus retail stores usually only carry what moves off the shelves well.

BTW - if you would have waited one more day you would have revived this thread exactly 1 year from the last post.
lol.gif

if that were the case...cheaper to just get the classic at $4 instaed of $12 for the snthetic at the micron efficieny ratings

I guess so. However , it seems odd to me that AAP stores stock the Fram Ultra XG series and not Purolator PSL too. For the time being, I'll keep using the Pure One filters .

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Probably because it's not a big seller - most people buy the cheap filters not knowing exactly what they are getting. Plus retail stores usually only carry what moves off the shelves well.

BTW - if you would have waited one more day you would have revived this thread exactly 1 year from the last post.
lol.gif

Can't believe Purolator didn't use the silicone base gasket on the synthetic filter.

I thought the PURE ONE was just PTFE Coated , not Silicone gasket

yea loook at pic

its PTFE coated

PureONE_Oilcutaway.jpg

PTFE treated sealing gasket for easy installation and removal

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: David1
Can't believe Purolator didn't use the silicone base gasket on the synthetic filter.

I thought the PURE ONE was just PTFE Coated , not Silicone gasket

yea loook at pic

its PTFE coated

Yes, that's correct - just coated. But still wonder why they didn't do the same on their full synthetic filter since it's designed to be used for even longer FCIs than the PureOne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back