What's in your oil can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half Chain and Bar Oil, half 20W-50 Gulf Western, and a big dollop of moly grease mixed through.

You guys are going to laugh at me, but the following is true.

Can one contains straight MMO - I love the stuff.

Can two contains used motor oil - it's free and gate hinges, old car door hinges and certain tractor parts love it.

Can three contains used veggie oil that I save from when we fry fish and chicken at a family gathering. Over time I have discovered that it is a wonderful lubricant for certain applications. I can squirt it on my disc bearings and it will last for months and not wash off in the rain whereas used motor oil will be gone after the first rain. It also does an excellent job of keeping my disc blades from rusting for the same reason. I also use it on an ancient spreader to keep the gears from rusting and keeps every thing lubed very nicely. We have enough fish fries at family gatherings that I usually have between five and ten gallons on hand at any given time. I filter it through an old shirt into a five gallon bucket and it's as good as new.

I have a bottle of 3 in 1 that's probably 15 years old and still half full (my wife says half empty).

For most household uses I just use grab a bottle off my gun cleaning bench. Usually Shooters Choice FP10.

I use Castrol and Morey's Oil stab mixed at about 50/50. Keep in mind, I mostly use that to grease my disc for the garden. I need to use thicker gear oil and Morey's really but keep forgetting to pick up some. Morey's is getting expensive tho.
eek.gif

For most other stuff, 3-in-1 oil. It works, mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back