Carquest premium or Ac Delco ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that I'll use the extended interval.
Cars still under warranty.

Ac delco $3.93 PF47 directly at the dealership.
Carquest premium 85040 $5.64

Is the rebadge wix is much better than the AC ?

The main advantage is the peace of mind given by the AC, if something go wrong the wouldn't be able to blame the filter
wink.gif

The Carquest is definitely the better filter, it uses a partial fibreglass media, silicone antidrainback valve, and flows more oil than the AC Delco. The AC Delco just uses a simple cellulose media. There is a reason why it's so cheap. (PS-Walmart sells them lower than the dealers)

No more Ac Delco in Barrie's walmart...But if you like Fram, that's the place...
No big deal since they are only 30¢ more at the dealership.

Ok for the Wix then...oups , the Blue carquest
wink.gif

Is there any writing on the box or on the packaging of the Carquest stating that their filter meet or exceed manufacturer warranty ?

Not that I'm aware of, for some of the filters I've got from Carquest they don't even come in a box, just cellophane wrap.

All the filter boxes I've ever gotten from Carquest have the same statement on them that the filter meets or exceeds manufacturer warranty requirements.
smile.gif
That should make you rest easier!

My Wal-Mart cleared out all the AC's over a year ago. I could still buy PF 47 and PF 52 at Advance Auto for less than $3 then. I had switched to the PF 52 because it had more filter area than the specified PF 47 for my Grand Am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back