PEAK 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Oil was for sale at Publix Supermarket for $4.09 a Quart. The Trail Blazer takes 6 Quarts of Oil and I used a 5 Quart Jug of Valvoline Syn Power 5 W 20 and when I put the 5 QT Jug In I noticed it was more then a Quart LOW... So I went to Publix and saw PEAK FULL SYNTHETIC 5 W 20 for $4.09 a Quard.. Is this a good deal??

I mean even PEAKS Convential * DINO * Oil was $3.89 a QT and the HIGH MILAGE PEAK was $3.99 a QT

So anyways is this a good oil to use?

I mean even if I were to use in my car 5 QTs would be 4 x 5 20$

I think that is cheap for Synthetic OIL.... I did read at one forum that someone said it was SUPER TECH aka Wallymart but Im not so sure of that.

PEAK has been around for years and makes coolant and all kinds of stuff.

Anways what you think?

Here is the bottle

synthetic_5W30.png

Last edited:
I think that's an excellent deal for API certified synthetic. Buying it supports Publix too, which beats supporting Wally World
smile.gif
- I always found the cheapest coolant at publix.

I didn't use Peak Synthetic but I had experience with Peak conventional few years ago. Peak seems a little thinner than other brand of the same grade (5W30), my LS400 engine was quieter with Peak dino than any other brand.

Peak is made by WPP (warren out of Omaha) and is sold by old world industries, owner of PEAK.

This oil is on sale at AA for $3.99 right now (at least it is at my local AA). It is dexos1 spec'd.
I wonder if all the WPP made synthetics are really the same...Mag1, WMST, Accel, PEAK???

Originally Posted By: David1
The Trail Blazer takes 6 Quarts of Oil and I used a 5 Quart Jug of Valvoline Syn Power 5 W 20 and when I put the 5 QT Jug In I noticed it was more then a Quart LOW...

Correction: If its a 2002-2009 Trailblazer with the Inline 6 cylinder engine, it has a 7 quart sump.

If its a 5.3l v8 powered one, the oil sump capacity is 6.1 quarts.

The majority of Trailblazers were equipped with the 7-quart sumped I6 engine.

Carry on.

Last edited:
I have SuperTech 5w30 synthetic in my Trailblazer right now. The truck runs very quiet and smooth on it. Peak is similar, but uses a different additive package. Peak is nearly identical to Mag 1 Dexos. SuperTech synthetic uses the same additive chemistry as Mag 1 conventional. Peak and SuperTech probably use the same base oils.
I have, and currently do use Peak conventional in my Cherokee, and have always been satisfied.
Peak, when purchased on sale at drug stores, supermarkets, and discount stores is an awesome value. Warren Distribution blends some great stuff, and Peak is no exception.

Originally Posted By: pbm
This oil is on sale at AA for $3.99 right now (at least it is at my local AA). It is dexos1 spec'd.
I wonder if all the WPP made synthetics are really the same...Mag1, WMST, Accel, PEAK???

No, the WPP synthetics are all different. Mag1 is their top shelf syn, and is a better product than what they bottle for Walmart. I don't know where Accel falls in the heirachy.

Peak motor oil is made by Old World Industries, not WPP.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Originally Posted By: pbm

No, the WPP synthetics are all different. Mag1 is their top shelf syn, and is a better product than what they bottle for Walmart. I don't know where Accel falls in the heirachy.

Peak motor oil is made by Old World Industries, not WPP.

Thanks TP:
If I'm not mistaken, Peak is sold by Old World Industries but made by WPP.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
SuperTech is cheaper at Wal-Mart and is the same thing.

No, it isn't the same thing. Most walmart's now have what appears to be Super Tech oil in Citgo bottles.

IMAG0387.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
My grandma's 02 Trailblazer always takes 7 quarts even, but it's a 2wd 4.2 LTZ
yeah.. That's what all the 4200 series I6 TB's take..

Idk why someone earlier in the thread thought it took 6...

I know this is an old thread but I'm curious if anyone else has used this oil ( PEAK Full Synthetic ) and what they thought of it.... It's Dexos 1 Approved and is API Certified so I was thinking of trying it out next oil change... Oddly enough though, I can't seem to find it anywhere now... checked AA, AZ, O'Reillys, WalMart, Napa and of all places I found the 5W30 ( I need 5W20 )Synthetic at Dollar General on Clearance ( they did not have ANY PEAK Syn on the regualr oil shelf, only on the Clearance shelf )for $5.15 but cannot find it anywhere else...

No idea... I can't seem to find it anywhere though... and the fact that Dollar General only had it ( the Synthetic version ) in the clearnace section has me wondering if it is being discontinued?

Why bother trying an oil that is hard to find?
Peak and ST are both made by WPP anyway.
Just go to Wally.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Just go to Wally.

Good point

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Just go to Wally.

Because I'm not brand loyal and if the price were right I'd try it for one OIC! I know Warren makes good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back