AC Delco PF2257G - Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing too interesting, changed the oil today on our Cruze and thought I would post a pic of the Delco I took out for those that are interested.

16kn7mf.jpg

311na1d.jpg

How tall is the filter? It looks as if gm's cartridge filters are a lot bigger than any canister they use on their new vehicles.

Looks Good....how many miles on that OCI?
I find the Hengst made AC to be the best filter for my Cruze...nice even pleats and reasonably priced.
When my warranty ends in January I'm thinking of going 2 5K OCI's on that filter using Mobil 1. (in other words 5K on the oil and 10K on the filter)
The 1.4T has shown itself to be hard on it's oil.

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
How tall is the filter? It looks as if gm's cartridge filters are a lot bigger than any canister they use on their new vehicles.

It's about 4.25 inches.

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
Originally Posted By: jhellwig

It's about 4.25 inches.

It looks a lot taller than that. I think that is about what a pf63 is.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Looks Good....how many miles on that OCI?

Just over 7,000 miles - it's a '13 LS with the 1.8L. The fill was Mobil 1 EP, OLM was at 7%. I had planned to bring it to 0% but next weekend did not look like I would be able to squeeze the oil change in.

I find the Hengst made AC to be the best filter for my Cruze...nice even pleats and reasonably priced.
When my warranty ends in January I'm thinking of going 2 5K OCI's on that filter using Mobil 1. (in other words 5K on the oil and 10K on the filter)
The 1.4T has shown itself to be hard on it's oil.

I have to say I was really impressed with this filter and the first one I took out the last oil change. There doesn't seem to be a ton of selection available (at a reasonable price) for the Cruze yet. I bought this one (and 7 more) off Rockauto for around $5 a piece with shipping, so I'm set for about 2 years. I figured at that point I'd reprice, but I'm really pleased with these.

Looks like every PF2257G I've yanked out of my Cruze with its 1.4T. Quality filter for comparatively cheap.

Looks like GM really dialed down the OLM for the '13's. My '12 with the 1.4T reads about 30% at 7000 miles. I change at 7500-8000 miles regardless of the OLM since UOA's revealed that was about when a dexos1 full synthetic oil was about 90% used up. The one UOA I did at 9200 miles of highway driving was scary. I've never pushed a change that long since.

It also looks like GM is slapping a single OLM calibration into the Cruze instead of customizing it for the 1.8. The 1.8 is easy on oil, unlike the 1.4T that rips syn blends limb from limb by 5000 miles, and has full synthetics crying uncle by 8500 miles.

^ That's interesting. I wonder if GM actually adjusted the OLM downward, or if it is actually the influence of driving style/conditions.

Would also be interesting to know if it is calibrated based on the 1.8 or the 1.4 if the calibration is the same.

Last edited:
I really like filters like the one you have, it takes lots of guess work out. You can see the placking of the media and really take a look at the oil fitler compared to a oil filter in a steel can.

However IMO that filter looks good.

I set a FRAM Extra Guard and a Fram Tough Gaurd and a FRAM ULTRA and a A/C Delco all next to each other at wallyworld and you can really see a difference in the filters....

Also I would probably not feel bad using a FRAM Extra Guard if it was like yours... You can see they cant cheap out on certain stuff as much. Now when the whole thing is sealed and hidden in a can you cant see anything.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
The 1.8 is easy on oil, unlike the 1.4T that rips syn blends limb from limb by 5000 miles, and has full synthetics crying uncle by 8500 miles.

Hah, funny!
laugh.gif

Filter looks great! Who is making those for GM I wonder? Hard to tell with cartridge filters though because cartridges from within even the same line seem to come from different sources.

Looks like every PF2257G I've yanked out of my Cruze with its 1.4T. Quality filter for comparatively cheap.

Looks like GM really dialed down the OLM for the '13's. My '12 with the 1.4T reads about 30% at 7000 miles. I change at 7500-8000 miles regardless of the OLM since UOA's revealed that was about when a dexos1 full synthetic oil was about 90% used up. The one UOA I did at 9200 miles of highway driving was scary. I've never pushed a change that long since.

It also looks like GM is slapping a single OLM calibration into the Cruze instead of customizing it for the 1.8. The 1.8 is easy on oil, unlike the 1.4T that rips syn blends limb from limb by 5000 miles, and has full synthetics crying uncle by 8500 miles.

My 2011 1.4T read approx. 40% when I changed it (Mobil 1) at 6K. It seems that it is very optimistic and I think GM dialed it down without admitting it.
6K is the most I've gone and I'll probably keep it that way.
I believe (without any proof) that both the 1.8 and 1.4T are calibrated the same (despite the 1.8 being far easier on it's oil).
If I had a 1.8 I might use the dexos1 semi-syn. but with the turbo it's always going to get full synthetic.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The 1.8 is easy on oil, unlike the 1.4T that rips syn blends limb from limb by 5000 miles, and has full synthetics crying uncle by 8500 miles.

Hah, funny!
laugh.gif

Filter looks great! Who is making those for GM I wonder? Hard to tell with cartridge filters though because cartridges from within even the same line seem to come from different sources.

The AC Delco's I've bought are made by Hengst.
I've gotten NAPA's that were Korean and some that are Hengst.
I've seen both Chinese and American Fram's.

My 2011 1.4T read approx. 40% when I changed it (Mobil 1) at 6K. It seems that it is very optimistic and I think GM dialed it down without admitting it.
6K is the most I've gone and I'll probably keep it that way.
I believe (without any proof) that both the 1.8 and 1.4T are calibrated the same (despite the 1.8 being far easier on it's oil).
If I had a 1.8 I might use the dexos1 semi-syn. but with the turbo it's always going to get full synthetic.

I know within the last few years gm changed the olm program on the 3.6di engine. They might have on some others also. There might ve a tsb on it.

The one in the pic was made by Hengst, as was the one that I took out at the first oil change.

Also changed the oil on my parents Cobalt today, the Delco I put in was also Hengst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back