NAPA Gold 7356 has a silicone ADBV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the East Aurora, NY NAPA today getting a few odds and ends. I saw a NAPA Gold 7356 and decided to open the box and look at it. Low and behold it had a red silicone ADBV.

Looking on the WIX and NAPA sites, it appears as if the ADBV has been nitrite. Has anyone else seen this to confirm?

Think I might grab a couple and use them.

Originally Posted By: Mark_Walk
I thought all the golds were silicone and the silver is nitrile.

+1 ... AFAIK, all NAPA Gold oil filters have a red silicone ADBV. It's part of what makes it a "Gold" model.

Looking here, it appears as if that's true.

http://www.napafilters.com/filters/oil-filters/light-duty-oil-filters/goldnapafilter-oil/#!prettyPhoto

This question was recently covered in a thread regarding the Wix 57356 (linked below) which is the same filter as the NG7356. This application has been ungoing changes since introduced as the replacement for the 1356. Unlike traditional Napa Gold/Wix with silicone adbv it did start with a nitrile adbv and iirc dome bypass, but as covered in the link below it has been updated.

Wix 57356 oil filter changes.

Most, but not all, NG filters have the silicone ADBV. Same goes for Wix. There are a few applications that do not include the red ADBV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back