Toyota oil filters for 2GR-FE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: edwardh1
does trd make spin on filters,
and is there an online fitment catalog for trd?

Yes, but all TRD filters are for Toyota/Lexus/Scion vehicles only.

Enter vehicle information and select 'TRD" in the "Catalog" tab for TRD part info for your vehicle: TRD Parts Retailer

thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gaijinnv
Originally Posted By: edwardh1
does trd make spin on filters,
and is there an online fitment catalog for trd?

Yes, but all TRD filters are for Toyota/Lexus/Scion vehicles only.

Enter vehicle information and select 'TRD" in the "Catalog" tab for TRD part info for your vehicle: TRD Parts Retailer

thumbsup2.gif

You could use TRD spin-on filters on other vehicles ... just have to be sure to do an accurate cross-reference to see if it will fit a non-Toyota vehicle.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

You could use TRD spin-on filters on other vehicles ... just have to be sure to do an accurate cross-reference to see if it will fit a non-Toyota vehicle.

Interesting. I didn't know any other car maker that spec'd a Toyota filter, nor have I ever seen a cross-reference chart that listed Toyota filter Part numbers for anything but a Toyota.

Live and learn.

Interesting. I didn't know any other car maker that spec'd a Toyota filter, nor have I ever seen a cross-reference chart that listed Toyota filter Part numbers for anything but a Toyota.

Live and learn.

Of course no car maker (besides Toyota) is going to "spec" a Toyota oil filter for their car. So what you need to do is determine if the filter you use on your car is also one that fits a Toyota vehicle, then look for the TRD filter called out for that specific Toyota vehicle. It's a round about way to do your own cross-reference.

Give me your car's year/make/model and I'll show you an example on how to do it.

Give me your car's year/make/model and I'll show you an example on how to do it.

I'm familiar with "how to do it."

Can you give me just one example of any non-Toyota vehicle that can use a Toyota spin-on filter? And the site that provides that cross-reference?

I don't know of any ...

Last edited:

I'm familiar with "how to do it."

Can you give me just one example of any non-Toyota vehicle that can use a Toyota spin-on filter? And the site that provides that cross-reference?

I don't know of any ...

There aren't any direct cross-reference sites, that's why you have to do it in a "round-about" way. If you can't find a TRD filter to fit, there are plenty of other full synthetic filters that are just as good or even better.

Of course no car maker (besides Toyota) is going to "spec" a Toyota oil filter for their car.

Off topic, but it sure was nice when GM's application guide listed AC Delco filter fitments for non-GM applications many moons ago. I don't know if they do any longer, but it sure was nice when the AC Delco filters were among the cheapest available up here.

gaijinnv said:
ZeeOSix said:
, there are plenty of other full synthetic filters that are just as good or even better.

Exactly, don't pay TRD prices when other synthetic filters are better or equal for less money

Ya I used to use ac delcos on my Honda back in early 90s. At the time I thought they looked better than the regular Frams at Walmart or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back