What do YOU Think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received shipment today of Kendall GT-1 5W-30 Full Syn with Liquid Titanium. Got it from Con-Phil fulfillment warehouse. On the label it says "Product of Korea...Blended and Packaged in the USA." If it was B&P in the USA what is the Korean product involved? I am probably overlooking the obvious but will engage you all. What'd'ya'think?

Get mine from Petroleum Service Company. com for something like 54.00 for case of twelve tax & delivery incl.. My Camry loves it. Base oil Korean. Blended here by yConnoco/ Phillips

Last edited:
The thought of base oil or add pack crossed my mind but I dismissed it because I reasoned, "the Koreans don't do oil." They do TVs, computers, air conditioners etc etc but I did not know they do oil. Thanks for the info.

Know WHERE their refineries are? I traveled the length of the ROK and don't remember seeing one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pscholte
On the label it says "Product of Korea...Blended and Packaged in the USA." If it was B&P in the USA what is the Korean product involved?

It means all the ingredients came from Korea. Then these ingredients got mixed together in the US, according to some secret recipe.

Korea is a huge manufacturer of Yubase (group III). That's what SOPUS used to use in their synthetic formulation before they switched to GTL. Possibly PP still uses yubase.

The thought of base oil or add pack crossed my mind but I dismissed it because I reasoned, "the Koreans don't do oil." They do TVs, computers, air conditioners etc etc but I did not know they do oil. Thanks for the info.

Know WHERE their refineries are? I traveled the length of the ROK and don't remember seeing one.

According to this list:

http://www.eni-italy.research-data.info/ENI_Web/World-Oil-Refineries-List.htm

six refineries operate there, three of which are apparently owned by Hyundai.

IIRC, there is a Grp III production facility set to open in this country, but to date, all of the Grp III basestock used in formulating finished motor oil in this country is imported, with a lot of it coming from our Korea (as opposed to crazy Kim land).
Nothing odd about it, since there has been no locally produced Grp III basestock.

Originally Posted By: HardbodyLoyalist

According to this list:

http://www.eni-italy.research-data.info/ENI_Web/World-Oil-Refineries-List.htm

six refineries operate there, three of which are apparently owned by Hyundai.

FABULOUS list. Thanks

Originally Posted By: cmorr
"The main new Group II/III capacities that came into operation last year include SK-JX Nippon Oil & Energy's 26,000 bbl/day facility in Ulsan, South Korea, which created an oversupply of Group III product in Asia-Pacific".

Take a look at the chart in this article

http://www.icis.com/Articles/2013/02/18/...investment.html

Interesting. Thanks. All sorts of Revealing info out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back