Tire Protectants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Lovemyrides
Try ultima tire trim protectant. trust me you will be amazed.

Although, I do like what I am using now, which is anything clear...Black Magic Tire Protectant, Eagle 1 Tire Shine Gel, or most store brand(AAP) clear stuff(clear baby oil looking products). These are the types of procuct that I like.

But, can you tell us a bit more about the Ultima?
smile.gif
Including quantity/size of bottle(s), cost, longevity, where to buy???

I have used Endurance many times. Looks good, you can easily dress it up or down depending on application style/amount used. Lasts a good time, but will look brown after the first rainstorm. Although my tires still bead water pretty intensely even after the shine wears off.

Never had any sling issues. I do wait a bit after applying before driving the car however.

(this is my experience with the 'gel' version, haven't used the aerosol)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
an old trick is brake fluid...I wouldn't do it myself though. I use Stoners more shine less time aerosol.

That's the best stuff I've found...looks good, lasts quite a while, and doesn't seem to attract dust as bad as the others...

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Dupont used to make a tire spray the dried to the touch and repelled water. lasted a long time. I'd like to find a similar product that is dry to the touch so that it does not hold dirt.

http://tufshine.com/

I like water based protectants. While they do not last as long, I am convinced they are better for tires and any other parts they may get on. I use either regular Armor All or Meguiars Hyper Dressing. HD is nice because it can be diluted to the desired level of gloss.

I'm using this tire foam stuff. Spray it on and leave it. It leaves a shine that lasts for days even on the gravel roads I drive on

Meguire's Natural Shine is $4 at WalMart. Picked up a couple of bottles. Always figured this to be for interior detail but will give it a try.

Used Wolfgang's Rubber and Vinyl Protectant. Got it as free sample with an online order. Put on with a curved applicator and let it soak in an hour before driving.Produced a rich, deep dark and non greasy color with virtually no overly shine and no sling. I'm not sure of the durability but it looks great.

I've had good luck with Surf City Garage Beyond Black. Has a nice, elegant shine that is not tacky and in-your-face. It also has UV protectants and is non-petroleum based
thumbsup2.gif

Looking on AutoGeek.Net and came across Tuf Shine Appearance Kit. Has anyone used these products. The semi permanent coating caught my eye.

Blackfire or Sonax tire gel. If you want to buy locally, walmart carries a mcquire tire gel that smells like grapes that does ok but only last a couple days. The Blackfire will last 2 weeks and even through rain.

Originally Posted By: Burny
Blackfire or Sonax tire gel. If you want to buy locally, walmart carries a mcquire tire gel that smells like grapes that does ok but only last a couple days. The Blackfire will last 2 weeks and even through rain.

The Wolfgang Rubber and Vinyl has lasted more than 2 weeks. It was a sample, but wanted something that lasted longer. If you get your tires clean, I use Black Magic's Bleche White, and it wipe on to a dry tire and allow it to sit until it dries,it has done well, but was curious about the Tuf Shine Kit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back