TES-295 TES-389 fluid guide from Allison

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
Finally found the reference I saw on another web board a few weeks ago.

DEX VI is clearly considered a TES-389 fluid; Allison has basically lumped the fluids into a TES-295 or NON-TES-295 catagory.

Still doesn't say what GM thinks of the whole DEX VI vs. TES-295 issue for warranty purposes. However, it is clear that the recommended fluid for severe service is TES-295.

Check this link (hope I'm posting it correctly).
http://www.allisontransmission.com/servl...5&Preview=1

Unless the info has been updated since this was posted, a footnote says Dex VI isn't on the list of non TES 295 fluids.

"2) DEXRON®III and DEXRON®VI fluids are no longer approved for use in Commercial OnHighway transmission products
and have been removed from the Allison Approved NonTES 295 or NonTES 468 fluids list."

Wow .... Talk about digging up an old post ...

Originally Posted By: ledslinger
Unless the info has been updated since this was posted ...

When I posted that info back in 2007, GM still owned Allison. They have not for several years now. The information in the link in my post above has been updated since I posted. Allison used to be forced into approving DEX VI by the parent company GM, but since the split, they have been able to disassociate themselves from that fluid.

If you'll notice, the date on that "new" document link is from 2012; it would not have been possible for me to link a 2012 document when posting in 2007. So, yes, the info has changed. It's great to use the search feature here, but one needs to be careful to validate the information as to it's chronological relevancy. You cannot take a post from 2007 and presume it's still correct 6 years later ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Mobil ATF D/M, a basic non-synthetic Dexron III ATF, has TES-389 approval

Yes it does and its about the only one i can find in the US, its available at target in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back