06 Kia Shuma-2 1.6 M1 ESP 5W30, 5000km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!I wanted to share the results of fresh UAO.
Code:

OIL M1 ESP 5W30

KM IN USE 5071

KM 86000

SAMPLE TAKEN 24/08/13

ALUMINUM 0

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 2

COPPER 3

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 70

NICKEL 0

POTASSIUM 3

SILICON 5

CALCIUM 1286

MAGNESIUM 6

PHOSPHORUS 660

ZINC 728

BORON 87

TBN = 1,87

TAN = 2,87

VIS, 40C = 74,29

VIS, 100C = 12,23

This oil is not created for this engine. In this engine like full saps oil ACEA A3. However, for the sake of experimentation tried to control the run.What is surprising, despite the fact that the oil died for 5k km, excellent wear protection.On the previous full saps oils ACEA A3 wear was higher, such as the analysis of Addinol 0537 5W30 with the same car, but with a little more mileage: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...011#Post3011011
what do you think the results of UOA?

I apologize for my English, I use Google translate.

Originally Posted By: Dmitry_K
This oil is not created for this engine.

More like this oil was not created for the high sulfur gasoline that you guys probably have over there in Russia. This causes quick TBN depletion.

Other than that, everything looks good.

Thanks for sharing the report.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
This oil is not created for this engine.

More like this oil was not created for the high sulfur gasoline that you guys probably have over there in Russia. This causes quick TBN depletion.

Other than that, everything looks good.

Thanks for sharing the report.

No no, I'm using gasoline fuel on the European classification Euro 5.The problem is that these oil (VW 504 507, ACEA C3) are created in the first place for machines with large amounts of Lubrication Oil. It is through this oil is slowly oxidized. The same engine is not quite standard: other firmware ECU, redline on 7500 rpm.I was not surprised by the rapid drop in TBN, for my engine is apparently such a feature. But the "eco-friendly" oil, which showed better protection than "not environmentally friendly" ACEA A3 (addinol) for me, to be honest, opening.
Best regards.

Thanks for sharing this analysis! I imagine the TBN started low (compared to some other oils) being an ESP oil.

However, the way you ran it, everything looked good! No problems! Very cool to see the posts with different regions/locations, cars, and oils! Thanks again for sharing this! Your engine seems to be great.

More like this oil was not created for the high sulfur gasoline that you guys probably have over there in Russia.

Not quite right, just rumors, like drunk bears dance on the streets :) . In 99% cases Euro 4/5 gasoline is used. BTW, I saw Lukoil gas stations in VA, so it is not that bad :)

Dmitry,
Another question is where did you find M1 5W30 EP in Russia? This is a pure North American product. I've never seen it there.

Originally Posted By: timeau
More like this oil was not created for the high sulfur gasoline that you guys probably have over there in Russia.

Not quite right, just rumors, like drunk bears dance on the streets :) . In 99% cases Euro 4/5 gasoline is used. BTW, I saw Lukoil gas stations in VA, so it is not that bad :)

Dmitry,
Another question is where did you find M1 5W30 EP in Russia? This is a pure North American product. I've never seen it there.

Good day!
Nice to understand that the world does not live stereotypes)))
Mobil 1 EP 5W30 not officially delivered to us in Russian, though its import to bypass official suppliers, but is very expensive, $ 14 per quart.
Yet the analysis of oil - is Mobil1 ESP, it's a different product: http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_ESP_Formula_5W-30.aspx . Mobil1 EP 5W30 ACEA A5 is on the European classification, and Mobil1 ESP is ACEA C3 (VW 504 507). However M1 ESP is also very good oil, base oil GTL., Esters = good composition.

Nice to understand that the world does not live stereotypes)))

Sorry about that incorrect assumption. It appears the US is the last country in the world that does not have ULS gasoline.
smile.gif

I don't think there's a lot of difference in composition between Canadian and American gasoline, aside from certain provinces' and states' takes on ethanol and California's own stricter rules. Of course, there are geographic differences, with some places having higher octane options. I would bet that California's gas is a lot different from, say, North Dakota's gas than North Dakota's gas is from ours in Saskatchewan, at least when it comes to sulphur levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back