what is the best 50-1 oil for 2 cycl trimmer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I have used the Echo Power Blend at 50:1 in my Echo equipment until recently when I started using the TruFuel 50:1 premix. I believe the machines run better and burn cleaner on the premix than they did on the mix-your-own fuel. I have a 12 year old GT-200R and just bought two new units this year, an ES-250 and a PAS-225. They all get the same 50:1 premix.

+1

Love the Tru-Fuel!

If you can use anything from 25:1 to 50:1, then use the TruFuel 40:1 product if it'll make you sleep easier. I would not use the Oregon product. It's a no-name oil that appears to have no relevant performance certifications.

is echo Red Armour good , has any one used this one ? was on echo's page so maybe is this the new echo 2 cycle oil ? didnt see the other power blend on the site , so has any one used this Red Armour oil ? is it good
smile.gif
?????

Castrol TTS full synthetic. It's inexpensive, works very well and leaves little in the way of deposits. I dare you to find a better oil.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I have used the Echo Power Blend at 50:1 in my Echo equipment until recently when I started using the TruFuel 50:1 premix. I believe the machines run better and burn cleaner on the premix than they did on the mix-your-own fuel. I have a 12 year old GT-200R and just bought two new units this year, an ES-250 and a PAS-225. They all get the same 50:1 premix.

I agree with you if you're talking about standard pump gas.

If you have access to ethanol-free gasoline, it's no trick to duplicate the premix quality. While it may be pricey about over $4/gallon it's a lot cheaper than premix, even after adding the cost of the oil.

I have an Echo weed eater and edger and a Red Max leaf blower. For the last year I've used plain old pennzoil two cycle yellow bottle oil.

G-oil at walmart lawn and garden is supposed to exceed Jaso-FD

not sure about best.. but its good and available and inexpensive.

Current mix oil is a Valvoline universal 2 stroke oil in a one quart bottle. My Stihl is rated for 40:1, I have mixed at 32:1 since the beginning. I use the mix in my 50:1 weed wacker and the Mantis. No Troubles so far. Mix oil is generally a hardware store generic. The Stihl is 35 yrs old, the others about 10 yrs old. Lately, I also add a cap full of MMO to the tanks.

For break-in i would run at least 2 gallons through it. the oil will say synthetic or conventional on the bottle. I would recommend using a good conventional oil mixed at 32-1 or 40-1 for break-in then you could switch to a synthetic oil if you want. 32-1 is the easiest mix in my opinion because it is an even 4 oz per gallon.

the manual says only to use smi-synthetic oil in 50-1 mix , and never synthtic
frown.gif
, why does it says that ????? when i read many forum members saying for brake in use semi -syntetic an after use full syntetic ?????
does semi y so much more good than full sinthtic ? or shoul i stick to the all times semi
frown.gif
??

Originally Posted By: outdoorsman310
For break-in i would run at least 2 gallons through it. the oil will say synthetic or conventional on the bottle. I would recommend using a good conventional oil mixed at 32-1 or 40-1 for break-in then you could switch to a synthetic oil if you want. 32-1 is the easiest mix in my opinion because it is an even 4 oz per gallon.

use whatever you want. I would use conventional for break in at least then use whatever you want. not leaner than 40-1

Tanaka Perfect Mix or Echo Power Blend Xtended.
Both of them have fuel stabilizer in the oil and both of them exceed ISO-L-EGD and JASO M345/FD standards. With the Tanaka 16oz bottle you can mix your fuel in 1/2 gal increments which is better for a home user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back