Unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA. Too much trouble going to court as a witness. Calling the cops because of sleeping black kids.
Absolute cowards. White kids vandalizing a vehicle and people just look away. Black kids doing the same is a whole different story.

Welcome to America. Land of the free,equality for all,where you're fellow man wouldn't urinate on you if you were on fire.
Other than in big city Ontario this type of behaviour wouldn't fly. Ontario a large cities are typical of every American city I've been to.
Only Ontario though. The western large cities this type of look the other way behaviour isn't typical and the vandals could expect a lynch mob in a very quick hurry and the vandals would be praying the police will show up as fast as possible.

911 calls about white kids vandalizing = 1
911 calls from same car park at same time about black kids sleeping in a car = 2
911 calls about black kids vandalizing = 10

Originally Posted By: Clevy
HA. Too much trouble going to court as a witness. Calling the cops because of sleeping black kids.
Absolute cowards. White kids vandalizing a vehicle and people just look away. Black kids doing the same is a whole different story.

Welcome to America. Land of the free,equality for all,where you're fellow man wouldn't urinate on you if you were on fire.
Other than in big city Ontario this type of behaviour wouldn't fly. Ontario a large cities are typical of every American city I've been to.
Only Ontario though. The western large cities this type of look the other way behaviour isn't typical and the vandals could expect a lynch mob in a very quick hurry and the vandals would be praying the police will show up as fast as possible.

That is the America that makes it to tv, around here it would be the vandals calling 911 to come save them.

Last edited:
Doesn't sureprise me. Grew up in North Jersey and you don't get involved unless you want to get shot. And since you can't carry to protect yourself you are very likely to get shot. Best thing to do is call the cops from a safe distance.

And I'm not sure about the race baiting. I think it has more to do with differences than anything else. The area they went to has a low black population so any would look out of place. I wonder if the role would be reversed if they took the the premise down to the ghetto of Newark. Would be interesting to see if white kids got the cops called and the black kids didn't.

Originally Posted By: AVB
Originally Posted By: Clevy

That is the America that makes it to tv, around here it would be the vandals calling 911 to come save them.

+1 to this. This stuff happens in big cities everywhere, regardless of nation or geographical area. As is apparently the case in Canada, smaller communities in America look out for each other and behavior like what is demonstrated in the video either doesn't happen to begin with, or is dealt with in a very different fashion.

"Reverse racism" is actually trending according to the following study: LINK LINK. Must be ingrained in our human psyche to place blame on others rather than ourselves.

^^^sadly true. Personal responsibility is not born in to you, it must be taught.

The whole premise of the film is to promote the currently popular media agenda of racism.

It sells. As long as people buy in it will remain a popular subject. And until the Black communities realize the intensity of their cultural problems they will continue to be deeply involved in crime per capita.

The part that IS ingrained, from our earliest ancestors is the tribe...

"Look over there...they are different...look at what they are doing"

Look at everything that is placed in front of you in the media day to day. Everything that a politician says. Everything that [insert koolaid brand here] says....and what the most important tribe to a growing mind, your parents, have said.

I was honestly shocked at the results.

I did not expect a blind eye to be turned to crime except when it was carried out by a different "tribe".

It explains a lot to me. Think about how little repercussion there often is for politicians, lobbyists, Wall St, executives. They truly seem to minimize the crimes by people they perceive to be the same while cracking down on crime by other groups.

It strongly suggests to me that self policing is a injustifiable.

This one is white against black, there are equal amount of videos of black on white racism. It is sad that no matter how far we have come in technology that racism is as strong as it has ever been on both sides.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow

This. And for anyone (including this TV show) to be be shocked or say "Unbelievable!" shows a lack of knowledge of human behavior at best or just is disingenuous. Particularly in the 'hoods on the east coast. They said it's a white hood...the reporter is acting it up, I even enjoyed them showing the black kid's reactions. Interesting that.

Another thing - such TV shows are known to fake stuff, change the info they show you the viewer to make it match their headline. Maybe they showed it in the second video as I don't have time to watch all the vids - but did they do one with white youths sleeping in a car in the white 'hood?

I do wonder why they didn't do this in a black 'hood? Too dangerous?

I read it as "rich preppy kids messing with a car Daddy bought them." Around here kids soap up their windows with "Seniors class of 2014 woooo" and drive around like that all year.

Would be interesting to rerun the experiment with "violent crime" like (fake) boxing with the "victim" asking for help from passers by.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Shannow

This. And for anyone (including this TV show) to be be shocked or say "Unbelievable!" shows a lack of knowledge of human behavior at best or just is disingenuous. Particularly in the 'hoods on the east coast. They said it's a white hood...the reporter is acting it up, I even enjoyed them showing the black kid's reactions. Interesting that.

Another thing - such TV shows are known to fake stuff, change the info they show you the viewer to make it match their headline. Maybe they showed it in the second video as I don't have time to watch all the vids - but did they do one with white youths sleeping in a car in the white 'hood?

I do wonder why they didn't do this in a black 'hood? Too dangerous?

You nailed it. Living on the east coast I can tell you not many people would have confronted any of the kids, black or white. They would have made sure they were a safe distance away where no one could see them and then made the call, or not get involved in any way at all.

My dad had something similar happen in NJ, he was up there painting a water treatment plant in the early 90's. My dad was in the grocery store shopping and his workers who were black were waiting for him in the truck. Come to find out black people don't live and weren't welcome in that town, so someone called the police. It turned into a pretty big deal. One of the men who were with him was telling me a few years ago that the police were just waiting for a chance to shoot them on the side of the road. It scared those black men, they would not go back up there.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

The whole premise of the film is to promote the currently popular media agenda of racism.

It sells. As long as people buy in it will remain a popular subject. And until the Black communities realize the intensity of their cultural problems they will continue to be deeply involved in crime per capita.

Exactly. Was it the same lot, same time of day, same traffic through? This experiment sure looks to me like an agenda piece without ensuring that all things are equal.

Maybe those kids were just big National Lampoon fans.
laugh.gif

tumblr_lmlgavXw7J1qiyntao1_500.jpg

They'd have look less set up "vandalizing" a newer car than a 1982 LTD.

There recently was a case where a White male, who is married to a Black woman, was at a Walmart with his daughters.

The police were called because it was assumed by the Walmart security people, who were Black, that he was a child molester kidnapping the girls because their skins were darker than his. A police officer followed him to his house and detained him for a time.

Tell me that is not racial profiling.

The fact is, racial profiling happens to White males all the time, but they do not complain about it.

I used to work in the field in Los Angeles, and in a decade or so was stopped by the cops at least 100 times. It was always that I was a White guy working in areas where there were few to no White people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21/virginia-parents-walmart-biracial-daughters_n_3313143.html

Firstly, I appreciate it that many of you took the time to watch the video.

However, you do need to watch both videos to comment accurately.

A couple of you made conclusions without watching the second video. Ironic because that was what the video was about ie how our deepest bias leads us to jump to certain conclusions.

Which leads me to another point which is how some got defensive about how this was all one way and anti white. Like a few said, it was to show how tribes behave. Yes it wanted to portray the black experience of this but that doesn't automatically mean that anyone denies the principle that this happens in reverse too.

All tribes will behave this way. However the point is twofold. Firstly, if you're a minority, its going to happen to you more often. If so many aspects of life are run by other tribes, you're going to statistically speaking suffer more. Secondly, opinions of black people are so ingrained, people really leap to conclusions. There are plenty of examples where black people are automatically treated in a different way. Far higher incarceration rates and sentences for the same crimes is undeniable.

Some of the replies here show that bias and a lack of appreciation for how this all plays out for the many fair minded and honest members of minority populations. There is a false equivalence about reverse racism. And this is not to deny that aspects of the problem need to be solved within the black community.

However, when was the last time it was pointed out that perhaps the more serious crimes and anti social behaviors by Wall St, politicians and Lobbyists is a white cultural problem?

Who here automatically discounts Quaker State because it caused sludge in the 70s? Or do we approach oil decisions a little more logically than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back