Best mechanics hand cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I served my apprenticeship and worked 10 years next to the factory that made Swarfega, we maintained their fleet, and always had Swarfega - I hate the stuff. I've found they all work well, but you need to rotate them around, stay too long on one brand and your hands get cracked, change hand cleaner and you hands feel much better....for a few months.

What was the one that you poked a hole in the steel can and jammed a parts cleaning brush in, then wiped the white goo onto your hands ?

Don't get that one.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Fast Orange

Yeah, I like Fast Orange in the big pump jug. With the fingernail cleaner brush strapped to the neck - good stuff. Plain old Lava soap works decent too, just have to work at it a little.

Worx Natural Hand Cleaner

Best stuff I've ever used.
I'm not saying that because it's 'natural' or 'biodegradable'.

When I was a kid we used diesel fuel on the farm, then soap.......

Last edited:
I use Stockhausen's Kresto hand cleaner. It's the best I've ever use by a wide margin.

My favorite is Snap On Nitro Gold. Put some on your hands, and start working it in. Don't add water yet. Get all the nasty stuff broken up, then slowly add some water and keep working it in. Add some more water and work some more. Just keep doing that until your hands are clean.

I like it because it's soy based and works well.

My second choice is the Zep Cherry stuff, followed closely by Permatex Ultra Cherry.

Pure and Gentle moist wipes from WalMart pharmacy dept. 84 for $.94 cents. Had ink on my fingers, soap/water did no good. The mentioned got it off. Keep a package in garage, car, etc.

Plain old dish soap. Easy on the hands. For a real good hand cleaning, wash a sink load of dishes whilst you're at it. My weekend job in HS was a "pearl diver"

Originally Posted By: FowVay
I use Stockhausen's Kresto hand cleaner. It's the best I've ever use by a wide margin.

That

/thread

The best ones I've found are from ZEP. One had walnut shell as an abrasive, the other was a cherry based. Both will not dry out your hands. The walnut based one was the best at getting rid of ground in greasy grime.

Fast Orange will cause my finders to split.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back