Lubegard oil additive - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clevy... Do you use this in addition to MoS2? In the same fill or swap/alternate?

Would you say one is better then the other?

I'm assuming, of course, they are products designed to perform similar tasks...?

NEVER MIND: I see now this thread is specific to Lubegard use in a trans... Overlooked that tidbit of info

But I'll throw this silly question out there anyway: Mixing oil additives... MoS2 with Lubegard... Ceratec with MMO... completely foolish and wasteful? Could it be harmful?

Last edited:
My take on this for what it's worth... I had a lifter tick and used Redline and have not heard it since, problem solved. I had tried Lubra moly but had better success with BG MOA. But after using redline I don't think there is anything I can add to that to make it better.

I think Redline also makes great transmission and gear oil, but I haven't got around to getting it in my vehicle. Before I tried my Redline, I bought some lube guard for engine, transmission, and power steering. The engine treatment didn't help my lifters, and the second I put redline oil in the tick was dust. But, their transmission treatment was amazing, really smoothed my shifts and the truck goes into gear faster. My wife's car had a noisy power steering pump, and it helped immensely with that too.

So bottom line in my experience was I would pass on engine treatment and consider the trans and power steering treatments.

Originally Posted By: Finz

NEVER MIND: I see now this thread is specific to Lubegard use in a trans... Overlooked that tidbit of info

I thought the OP asked about engine oil use?

Originally Posted By: Finz
Clevy... Do you use this in addition to MoS2? In the same fill or swap/alternate?

Would you say one is better then the other?

I'm assuming, of course, they are products designed to perform similar tasks...?

But I'll throw this silly question out there anyway: Mixing oil additives... MoS2 with Lubegard... Ceratec with MMO... completely foolish and wasteful? Could it be harmful?

I used cera-tec in my 04 hemi ram and my 4v mustang.Then nothing for 1 oil change,then added mos2.
I never got any fuel economy improvement from the cera-tec. Before adding mos2 the best mpg i got in that truck was 17 on the highway. Once adding mos2 I could get 20 on the highway in the winter in 4wd.
Cera-tec,to me is more of a wear eliminator although it does reduce friction. Mos2 does it better but doesn't last as long.

Originally Posted By: Turk
I just poured in a bottle of Lubegard in the oil on the '98 Saturn Red Hot & will let you know how it goes.

I put a bottle in the (Engine) oil. Will report back on that.

I have a bottle in the Camry & '00 Saturn SL2 with no issues.

LubeGuard is a class operation run by a family with a great bunch of employees. Their chemistry is first class as is their research and production. You can use any of their products with confidence. You can get to people in the company to answer your questions.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
LubeGuard is a class operation run by a family with a great bunch of employees. Their chemistry is first class as is their research and production. You can use any of their products with confidence. You can get to people in the company to answer your questions.

+1

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

+1

+2

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
+3

Agreed, very good product. I've used it many times(as well as many of their products). Hard to get much better in the additive world. I usually underdose it a bit, 8 oz in the Corolla. Get 4 OCI's worth out of a quart bottle that way.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

I put a bottle in the (Engine) oil. Will report back on that.

OK???
Any positive results?

Just got a couple hundred miles with it in & just recently bought the car, so I'm going with a recent comparison.....

It does seem to have smoother revving & quietted down a bit, but let's give it some time. Zero cold start knock, so that is good!

Sounds like you're off to a pretty good start with the product Turk. Please keep us updated.

Sounds like you're off to a pretty good start with the product Turk. Please keep us updated.

Yes - actually, I will be doing a UOA with the LubeGard in.
smile.gif
Red Bull has a fill of 2 year old PYB. That may spark some interest...

Yes - actually, I will be doing a UOA with the LubeGard in.
smile.gif
Red Bull has a fill of 2 year old PYB. That may spark some interest...

It sparked my interest!

It does seem to have smoother revving & quietted down a bit, but let's give it some time. Zero cold start knock, so that is good!

Did you have cold start knock before using that additive?

Very little, yes.

Although, I do not know what oil was in there, other than it was conventional, + it had a spin-on Fram. I spun on a Motorcraft FL-400S.

Very little, yes.

Although, I do not know what oil was in there, other than it was conventional, + it had a spin-on Fram. I spun on a Motorcraft FL-400S.

Unfortunately those opposed to the Lubegard additive, or additives in general can claim there are too many variables. I've had nothing but good results with their products, but then again who cares about my testimony?

Well, nobody cares about my testimony either. But I used Lubegard Biotech Engine Oil Supplement for a while and the engine in my car always seemed to run smoother. And I also used a Lubegard power steering supplement to stop a squeal in a power steering unit on a car I used to own. That power steering unit squealed at startup in cold weather. I put the Lubegard power steering supplement in and that was it-no more squeal ever. I do like Lubegard products. Lubegard also makes automatic transmission supplements and three car manufacturers at least in the past approved the use of those supplements. And Lubegard I think still makes products for cleaning automatic transmissions.

Look out! Personal testimony is not allowed here. Here come the guys demanding scientific proof in labs and engine sequence tests and compression tests.

But wait! In lieu of the usual suspects I am here!

Proof! We need certifications, results on video, documentation, compression checks.

Without proof all this is just conversation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back