Oil recommendation for 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a used 2005 Malibu Maxx 3.5 liter V6 with now 87,000 miles on it, drove it from Ky to my new home here in Colorado. The dealership changed the oil with what I assume is Valvoline conventional. What would be a good oil for this car and the upcoming Colorado winter? I am thinking QS Defy (which I used it my old car), Valvoline Synthetic Blend, or Pennzoil Gold Syn Blend. So far I do not think there is any oil leaks, and with the harsh winter I was wanting to use a syn blend...

I'd use definetely 5w30, any of the brands you mentioned are more than up to the job!

I'd definetely use a synthetic tho, you want the oil to be able to flow when it gets -20F.

Both of those oils are fine choices.

Maxlife is also a good choice, and probably what I would use on any high-mileage car with an OLM. And as luck would have it, it's a Valvoline synthetic blend like you were already considering anyway!

But this month, you can step up to a full synthetic for the price of the blends, if you have an Advance Auto Parts near you. They have Havoline synthetic on sale for $20, including a Pureone filter.

PP 5w30 or QSUD 5w30. No Mobil 1 0w30 if you like a quiet engine, running it in our chevy 3.5 and its ticking away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back