Toyota Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some new genuine Toyota oil filters today for my Tacoma, and they have made in Thailand stamped on them. The last one I bought was made in USA. What's up with that? The baseplate holes are round instead of oval shaped. Has Toyota changed suppliers?

The ones I've bought since 2005 from the Toyota dealer have always said made in Thailand on them.

Originally Posted By: rideon
I bought some new genuine Toyota oil filters today for my Tacoma, and they have made in Thailand stamped on them. The last one I bought was made in USA. What's up with that? The baseplate holes are round instead of oval shaped. Has Toyota changed suppliers?

If you want "Made in USA" Toyota filters, buy the TRD filters from your Toyota dealer next time.

thumbsup2.gif

If you can get the TRD or Made in Japan Toyota filters, you'll be in good shape.

The Thai filters are okay, but nothing spectacular. That's all my dealership has had for several years.

I used the Purolator PL20195. It's longer with more filtering capacity, and fits many Toyotas. Look it up. If the gasket and thread fit your application, it may be a good option for you.

Originally Posted By: AgingChuck
Have heard on several boards that the Toyota TRD is the same as the Mobil 1 and the K&N as all are made by Champion..

It is true that TRD, Mobil, K&N, LuberFiner, Champ, Mopar, Kleener, Imperial XL, Ecore, STP, MXM, Petro Clear, Deutch, Volkswagen, Royal Purple, Service Champ and PurePro are all made by Champion Labs/Fram (see here: Champion Labs ), it is not reasonable to assume they are all made to the same specifications or even with the same materials.

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back