Carwell experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I brought my Jeep to The Rust Cop Shop in upstate NY and had them apply Carwell. For $100 (+ tax) they applied the thicker product under the car and into the frame and wheel wells. The thinner product does into the doors, behind the glass in the mirrors, they drilled a hole after removing the tail light and sprayed it into the rear quarter panels, into the tailgate and under the hood. They go horizontally into the doors with a long want vs spraying some up via the drain holes. Took less than 1 hour and they washed the car with a pressure washer after. They use different/longer wands than what Carwell sells to the general public. They also have a pump to pump it directly from large tanks under pressure. They do 1300 cars/trucks/buses per year. I am going back in 2 weeks to get my pickup done. I will probably do touch ups myself with the Carwell stuff. While I realize the vehicle does need re treatment because of the weather, etc, the stuff applied into the doors, etc is probably good for a lifetime. I have the Carwell stuff at my house, but mine is all the thinner stuff. They are $10 less if you use the thinner stuff everywhere (but why would you.)

Obviously most people are not close to one of these two places in upstate NY. Might be worth moving.

Here in No. Indiana, South Bend area, we have a Rust Check dealer which is somewhat the same. Thin inside doors and panels, thick for the underbody.

Folks, it does work!

After having had to deal rusted brake lines and lots of other damage caused by road salt, I am now a firm believer in using rustproofing oil. This summer I plan on spraying the medium duty trucks at work with Krown T40.

I bought a Mazda B2000 truck brand new in 1982 and I had to scrap it in 1996 because it rusted right out. Mechanically it was fine. I think that if I had had it sprayed every year I would have gotten a few more years out of that truck.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Here in No. Indiana, South Bend area, we have a Rust Check dealer which is somewhat the same. Thin inside doors and panels, thick for the underbody.

Folks, it does work!

there's also a rust check in fort wayne, indiana.

Werner's Garage

We have Oil Guard here in Ontario that applies a drip or no drip type (your choice) . I always go with the no drip once it gets warm in the spring so it creaps into the tight spots and I often go back towards fall and just have them just do the underside again . I know the owner and he looks after me .

Yes if does get onto the paint surfaces but a bit of varsol on a rag fixes that fast . You'll keep the body solid on your car !

Last edited:
many many many years my used a out fit called ziebart. they did a great job. but that truck is no longer in the family. good that some ones doing a good job at kind of work.

Ya'll could just move down here, they only salt the roads once a year if that.
smile.gif

But are these places using Carwell or a similar product sold in Canada. Rustproofing has been around with RustyJones and Ziebart, but those were a do it once and forget it. The Carwell stuff penetrates through the rust and/or behind it to lock it out. But you do need to have it redone yearly. Thats way different than the stuff I remember awhile ago. Fluid Film is close but Carwell lasts longer.

Yep, carwell is good stuff, same as Krown product/chemical wise. I reviewed their stuff with some photos on here earlier in the year. Good people too.

Originally Posted By: Donald
But are these places using Carwell or a similar product sold in Canada. Rustproofing has been around with RustyJones and Ziebart, but those were a do it once and forget it. The Carwell stuff penetrates through the rust and/or behind it to lock it out. But you do need to have it redone yearly. Thats way different than the stuff I remember awhile ago. Fluid Film is close but Carwell lasts longer.

coulda sworn rusty jones and rustcheck were the same thing.

at the end of snow season - rinse your underbody down and get all the corrosives off. I personally have not had a need yet for an underbody preventative, but $100 is not unreasonable.

For the past two years I have had Rust Cop Shop spray my 2011 Nissan Titan and my 2006 Nissan Xterra. The shop does great work, and they are neat and professional. I need to drive over three hours to get to their shop, so I hope it is worth it in the long run.
The Titan was done since it was brand new, so it still looks great under the truck. The Xterra has only been done twice, in the past two years, so I am not sure how much salt damage was done in the first five years. All in all, a great product, I just don't yet know the long term results.

Zack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back