KS Tools. any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

i am searching for some new wrenches for home use, and are considering a set from a manufactorer calles KS tools.

link

http://theconsumableswarehouse.co.uk/ks-tools-chromeplus%C2%A8-mirror-polished-combination-spanner-set/

it is a german brand

link

http://www.kstools.com/com/firma.html

they looked verry nice. i especially liked they seemt a bit longer then normal. the finnish was pretty nice. i doubt they are actualle made in Germany. but they are made after ISO norms.

anybody here has a experience or knowledge with the brand or the wrenches themselves?

normally i love Facom, Hazet or Stahlwille. but it is just to expensive for homeuse(not even my boss wants to pay for it anymore for work).

thanks

søren

AFAIK KS is not a tool manufacturer only a re badger. County of origin could be anywhere, not something i would buy. IF Hazet ans Stahlwille are to expensive try Gedore, Wiha, Proxxon or even Lux Profi.

German made with good steel just not as fine a finish. Look for used tools also some good stuff sometimes comes up, i got a set of Dowidat (Gedore is what remains of Dowidat) big sockets for cheap.

I don.t think it.s just rebadged. Looked at a lot of there stuff and it seems like it is all designed to have the same look. And there cataloque is huge. They claim it is devoloped in germany. But i doubt its made there.

Originally Posted By: Trav
AFAIK KS is not a tool manufacturer only a re badger. County of origin could be anywhere, not something i would buy. IF Hazet ans Stahlwille are to expensive try Gedore, Wiha, Proxxon or even Lux Profi.

German made with good steel just not as fine a finish. Look for used tools also some good stuff sometimes comes up, i got a set of Dowidat (Gedore is what remains of Dowidat) big sockets for cheap.

+1

I have a set of Gedore wrenches and they are FANTASTIC. Just as good as my Snap-On ones
thumbsup2.gif

Actually. Speaking on snap on. About 7 years ago the boss at work(a buss work shop) wanted to try snap on tools instead of the facom the shop had used for 20 years.

I have always wondered why americans talk about snap on with such warm. It was not bad. But it was nowhere near as good as facom. I would say not even close. I would also say that hazet gedore stahlwille and the other good german brands whers better. But ofcourse. Things might have changed. The rachets broke in the gears. The sockets dident brake. But whorn out to fast i think.

I meant re badged in the fact that some company other than themselves made it.
May be re badged isn't the right word.
Possibly a design house does the design and someone else makes them, they just distribute the product with their brand.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I meant re badged in the fact that some company other than themselves made it.
May be re badged isn't the right word.
Possibly a design house does the design and someone else makes them, they just distribute the product with their brand.

I think your just right :)

Originally Posted By: shDK
Actually. Speaking on snap on. About 7 years ago the boss at work(a buss work shop) wanted to try snap on tools instead of the facom the shop had used for 20 years.

I have always wondered why americans talk about snap on with such warm. It was not bad. But it was nowhere near as good as facom. I would say not even close. I would also say that hazet gedore stahlwille and the other good german brands whers better. But ofcourse. Things might have changed. The rachets broke in the gears. The sockets dident brake. But whorn out to fast i think.

Much of my Snap-On stuff is "Made in Canada" and from the 40's, 50's and 60's. I do however have two newer (a couple years old) ratchets: a 3/8" and 1/4" flex handle and both are excellent quality
21.gif

To be honest i have no idea on where those snap on tools we got where made.

I have always wondered why americans talk about snap on with such warm. It was not bad. But it was nowhere near as good as facom. I would say not even close. I would also say that hazet gedore stahlwille and the other good german brands whers better.

When I was buying Facom tools they were a quarter the price of Snap-On and four times better quality. I have some Snap-On tools, but most are Hazet, Stahlwille, SK and Britool.

Originally Posted By: Silk
I have always wondered why americans talk about snap on with such warm. It was not bad. But it was nowhere near as good as facom. I would say not even close. I would also say that hazet gedore stahlwille and the other good german brands whers better.

When I was buying Facom tools they were a quarter the price of Snap-On and four times better quality. I have some Snap-On tools, but most are Hazet, Stahlwille, SK and Britool.

Exactly my experience. But all the brands you just mentioned are rather expensive but also tools you can have for life taking care of them. :) my overall favorite is facom. But with exeptions. Example i like wera or wiha scrwdrivers more then facom. And torque rachets i love stahlwille.italian BETA tools are also really good stuff. But overall facom is my thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back