Redline SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner is AWESOME STUFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the inital shock dosage on the directions on both my 1998 Neon and my 1995 Blazer.

Neon is up 5MPG to 36.5MPG and the Blazer is up 2MPG to 19MPG.

Pinging is all gone.

Friend is using it in his 1992 Civic and he has seen a raise in economy as well.

Use it guys, I have done everything else and not seen the increase I saw with this great product from Redline.

Redline sells goodness
cheers.gif
fruit.gif

That is good stuff. For me it has worked particularly well when put in with a full tank fill up before a long trip, so that it gets used up in one long run at freeway speeds.

Yea, that is what I did with both applications.

One bottle, one tank and a long highway run.

Definitely helped with both applications.

From now on I will give it a normal dose every tank like the bottle says to clean even further, but man, follow the directions and you will notice a difference in driveability.

When I want a quick clean-up of a fuel system, the #1 product I reach for is SI-1.

I saw it work a minor miracle in a friend's old VW Rabbit.

I like other products like Neutra 131 for extended use, but hard to beat SI-1 for quick cleanup.

--- Bror Jace

actually this cleaner cleans injectors best while the car is not running. the additive treated gasoline remains in the nozzle and desolves deposits that way. as far as cleaning the valves that function is probably done while the engine is running. I have to agree, it is a good additive. Do we have any RedLine dealers as site supporters?

if any of you guys are interested in redline products, give www.myoilshop.com a try...i've dealt with them many times...speedy customer service & awesome prices!

I usually buy my redline mt-90 transmission oil there...it's $7 per quart...I checked the redline sI-1 and it's $5 a bottle over there...shipping charges are very competitive too! check it out

I tried bottles of SI-1 in both my old Hondas, with 170+ and 210+ k miles and it didn't make a difference in either vehicle, whether mpg or how they run. That is not to say the product isn't good, but how much it helps must depend on your injectors having a problem that mine didn't have.

Guys,

So, do you thing the Redline cleaner is better than a bottle of Techron Concentrate...?

Thanks!

I don't believe that's what he said. More like those products don't effect UOAs and B12 or SI-1 often show more wear metals. Stronger solvents tend to do more than just clean. If I had a real problem, I wouldn't hesitate to use SI-1 once or twice just before an oils change.

Where were you guys in the intake valve deposit thread??
I think I'll be using this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back