2011 Tundra, Amsoil 0W-20 (ASM), 5,067 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest UOA on the 2011 Tundra with the 5.7L engine. I did NOT change the oil after this sample was taken. I will be taking this oil to 10K miles and will perform another UOA then.

11_Tundra_2013_0630_zpsd49804f5.jpg

Stick with what you're doing. Try an analysis at 7,500 and I suspect the Amsoil 0W-20 will also product good results.

Based on the UOA's, this engine really doesn't care what brand of synthetic you use.

Originally Posted By: buster
Based on the UOA's, this engine really doesn't care what brand of synthetic you use.

Very true, I love your data BTanchors, but I would put money you could use any major "syn" on sale and get equal results. I would even stretch it to say MS5k or PYB could do that for 5k OCI's. Of course it is your baby and you are gonna use what you want just as I do.

Looks very similar to my results. I tested mine at 7,100 miles on a 2010 camry using the same oil

rcbc96,

Interesting. I also have a 2010 Camry running the same oil as well. I haven't yet had a UOA performed on this vehicle, but will eventually.

Very nice wear pattern. I hope my 3UR-FBE looks as good when I start trending. Thanks for posting your data.

rcbc96, Thanks for the link to your UOA. I will save it and compare with mine when it finally gets done.

chubbs1 and buster - I believe you are right - On many of these Toyota engines, you could probably use Molasses and have a good UOA! I think the data is still useful, though, especially in the event I acquire a vehicle that isn't so easy on oil. On the other hand, I am pretty happy with all the Toyota's I have had, and will probably stick with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back