Pennzoil Yellow Bottle - engine pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: tig1

Sure, wink, wink.
33.gif

I think you may have missed the sarcasm in my post but oh tig do I ever get weary of your never ending Mobil 1 *SPAM*. This is a PYB thread for crying out loud. And PYB happens to work very well in the Jeep 4.0, just deal with it.
laugh.gif

You are right about the Penz thread, but you know how threads go here. I actually didn't critize Penz, just noted the 5K OCI with a dino and 10K with a quality synthetic and how clean engines can stay, was my point.

Nice! Love it. I too believe in GudOl Pennzoil Yellow Bottle! I just dumped the 3rd Break-In oil change my 99s 4.0 has gotten since I ReBuilt her back in 2011 that was 6 quarts PYB 10w-30 and a Oversize FRAM,.FARM TG8. Only 1300 miles total so far, but better safe than sorry. I want to send a sample to BlackStone to see how shes wearing,..I mean how well shes been Broken In.

Last edited:
Swapping out that 0331 Head is 1 of the Smartest things I have seen done to a Jeep in a While! Man, I would LOVE to see this engine, XJ for that matter, 10 years 100,000 to 175,000 miles from now! I have yet to see a 2000 or 2001 4.0 hit 300,000. Every year 4.0 before could have reached 300,000 with PlainJane maintenance, and Alot do get to this Mileage, Alot with neglect and abuse as the maintenance plan. 4 Quarts Low?!! Ooo, that would be a good name, though 84z are myfavorite.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 84zmyfavorite
Swapping out that 0331 Head is 1 of the Smartest things I have seen done to a Jeep in a While! Man, I would LOVE to see this engine, XJ for that matter, 10 years 100,000 to 175,000 miles from now! I have yet to see a 2000 or 2001 4.0 hit 300,000. Every year 4.0 before could have reached 300,000 with PlainJane maintenance, and Alot do get to this Mileage, Alot with neglect and abuse as the maintenance plan. 4 Quarts Low?!! Ooo, that would be a good name, though 84z are myfavorite.

Thanks! I did the same thing on mine when I bought it, except I didn't take pics of the process. I'm hoping to get 300k out of my 4.0L.
thumbsup2.gif

Nice engine!

Oh and I respect tig's good results with and devotion to M1; it's a great oil. But then again he's not using it in a Jeep 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back