Pine Barrens -Wharton State Forest, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to take the subie on some hard core trails?
27.gif

LOL nah. These trails were not bad at all. I wouldn't have gone on them if they were.

I'm not interested in rock crawling but I will drive through mud/sand. Forester is not a serious off-roader.

Nice, always like it out there. We should have a BITOG NJ camping trip one the weather gets nicer. IIRC there are a number of campsites in the pine barrens forrests.

It wasn't that bad. On the way back we hit a bunch of greenhead flies. Hate those things. lol

The very first episode of the Sopranos I saw was titled "Pine Barrens." Paulie and Christopher were taking a supposedly dead Russian guy out there in the winter to bury him.

Originally Posted By: buster
Jersey Devil.

According to Wikipedia:

"The most common description is that of a kangaroo-like creature with the head of a goat, leathery bat-like wings, horns, small arms with clawed hands, cloven hooves and a forked tail. It has been reported to move quickly and often is described as emitting a "blood-curdling scream."

After reading that, I think I would be staying outta them thar woods when the sun went down.

Thanks for the pics! I spend a lifetime dirt bike riding in the pine barrens. Often going to the caranza memorial in the forest.

I had read that cars were not permitted in there. Is it legal to drive cars in the forest, but not registered motorcycles?

Thanks! You know I'm not sure. I didn't see any signs so I just went with it. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back