Checking out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be in sweaty Orlando FL for seven days starting Saturday.

I imagine the only way a PNW boy can survive is stay semi-nude, plenty of beer, water, and AC. It's 52°F right now here. Shocking humditititidity and 91°F there.

May only be marginally contactable. Please remain patient.

The good news, I'm off work for 17 days. Woot.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I'll be in sweaty Orlando FL for seven days starting Saturday.

I imagine the only way a PNW boy can survive is stay semi-nude, plenty of beer, water, and AC. It's 52°F right now here. Shocking humditititidity and 91°F there.

The good news, I'm off work for 17 days. Woot.

If Orlando's humidity and heat are anything like that of The Swamp here, then the only way anybody can survive and stay sane is by following your checklist. Especially the A/C. They ought to have it in plenty around there. Enjoy!

Pablo, have fun and don't forget the sunscreen. Going from one corner of the continental United States to the other should be a shock to your system temporarily but well worth it. Have a great time!!

I'm finding the "semi-nude" comment a little un-nerving!
blush.gif

Have a great time!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Bambam
I'm finding the "semi-nude" comment a little un-nerving!
blush.gif

Have a great time!
cheers3.gif

do gators respond non-aggressively to guitar play or UOA/VOA/VCA (Virgin Coffee analysis) comments?

Sweet. Or is ir Sweat.

Starting next Friday, I am off for 10 days.

Have a sweeaty time!

Quote:

You just ruined my weekend.

Lots of sun, high humidity, high heat.

You sure this is a vacation????

a tip about the knats- don't swat at them- it only attracts more. Just ignore them like the locals. Locals can spot out of towners by the swatting of the knats.

SPF45 sunscreen. You will burn otherwise and still might.

Light colored cotton button down shirts.

Pool. Umbrella drinks. Water water water and air conditioning.

17 days.....that MUST be nice!!!!! One thing I've recently found is a Columbia Sports Pro Fishing Gear shirts. Of all the years I've lived in Guam and sunny climates, I tend to get burned really easily now and really take notice of that, plus skin cancer runs in the family. Anyway, these shirts are the bomb!!! You'd think wearing long sleeves in the summer is sacreligious, but these things work and they have that wick sweat away material and it works. Don't feel hot, not getting sunburned and not getting bit by bugs. Only thing, they ain't cheap and people may look at you funny, but at the end of the day, no sunburn nor do I smell like a zinc alloy factory!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back