Can MMO cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the Federal Emission Warranty it's 2 years 24,000 miles according to my Warranty Information Booklet. Some items are for 4/50,000 and others are for 8/80,000. I'll call the dealer today and see if there is anything that they're willing to do...........Yeah Right!

I used to run 1-2 bottles of MMO to one tank (18 galons)of fuel in an old 1986 4Runner and it never set a code or hurt the O2 sensor. I have also ran B-12 Chemtool,Redline SI-1,Lucas UCL,Lube Control and every other fuel additive through Toyota fuels systems with no problem. I think the too events are not related at all!

Blaze,
Yes, the last 2 tanks were without MMO. The light dissapeared at around 1/2 on this tank. Lights just went out while driving. Haven't returned yet!

If you would/could, maybe run a couple more tankfuls without the MMO added, to verify that the CEL has in fact dissappeared over the last 5 MMO-less tanks.

Then, add the MMO again and report back! I'm dying to see the results. I've added MMO once with good results, but held off adding to every tank for fear of something like this happening.

Im not blaming MMO for my CEL coming on but it sure seems coincidental and has me just a little puzzled. I was adding MMO to my '04 Altima at the same time and rate as the RX, as both cars have the same size fuel tank, and nothing has happened to this car as of yet. I've stopped using MMO in both cars for now. I may try again during the summer, but not really sure if I want to risk it. Should I do so, I'll report back with results. I see on the "Product Rebates, Sales & Promotions", that Wal-Mart has the smaller bottle, 12 or 16 oz, on sale or close out for .75 cents each. I'll check my local stores.

Thanks for your responces.

Hmmmmm!
The RX has been running fantastic lately, not that it was ever running poorly. Im also curious, if by pulling the ECM/EFI fuse several times in order to get the CEL/VSC lights to go out that, all systems have been reset and everything has been cleaned...so-to-speak! Mileage just running around town is holding at around 19 mpg with normal driving. Haven't really seen this mpg in quite a while, meaning spring/summer. I think that I'll leave things alone for a while.

Well the CEL has come back on again on June 4th. I just filled up again and changed the oil and filter. I'll drive around for awhile to see if the CEL dissapears. I won't try pulling the ECM/EFI fuses this time. When the CEL came back on, I noticed the mileage slowly dropping while I was driving around. I can observe this on the in-dash moniter. Previously, the mileage had been increasing nicely while the CEL was off. When I check my actual mileage with a calculator after refilling, the mileage is very close the what the moniter is reading. They are usually off by 2-3 10ths from each other. I think it's time to change the sensor.

hmmmm..

Curious, eh?

Think I'll leave the MMO on the shelf..
crushedcar.gif

Sounds like you have an issue. Pulling a fuse won't eliminate non-volatile memory. Scan 'er and fix the problem. Don't use MMO as the scapegoat.

unDummy, Your right. The sensor just went bad. Looking into prices right now! Seems like $170.00 is my best price at this time. I'll keep searching. Still have lots of time before my next state inspection. Also, Im not writing off MMO completely. I still think it's a very good UCL, and I like that.

Gary.
Your not kidding!
The dealership wants over 2 BILLS, and this is just the part. I didn't even ask how much they wanted to install it.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by surfstar:
oxygensensors.com and sparkplugs.com have decent prices. Sometimes ebay will even have a deal, if you trust that route.

That is the price from O2.com
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back