Who manufacturers Microgard oil filters now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cristobal
The metal center tube make it far better than a plastic E-Core design.

I hope LeakySeals does not see this!
28.gif

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Germany, and yes it was the Mann W930/21. They come over here unpainted and Fram or MG prints their info on them, but it appears that has ended.

Thanks. That's definitely a unique piece of information. Fram should purchase more filters from Mann - perhaps they could supply the entire orange can line.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Germany, and yes it was the Mann W930/21. They come over here unpainted and Fram or MG prints their info on them, but it appears that has ended.

Thanks. That's definitely a unique piece of information. Fram should purchase more filters from Mann - perhaps they could supply the entire orange can line.
wink.gif

If that ever happened I would buy a German made Mann OCOD.
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Cristobal
The metal center tube make it far better than a plastic E-Core design.

I hope LeakySeals does not see this!
28.gif

I know E-Cores might work, but their system looks sort of weak to me. That is like saying sort of pregnant.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

wink.gif

If that ever happened I would buy a German made Mann OCOD.
shocked.gif

No you wouldn't.
laugh.gif

wink.gif

The sad part is now that Fram is making the filter themselves and IMO downgraded it, the price at Fleet Farm has gone up $1.50. My biggest pet peeve is paying more for less of a product. Luckliy, I stocked up when I first found the Mann ones.

Another Microgard find: purchased a MGL8481 for a Mercedes C320 2004, and found out it actually is a K&N Made in the USA filter!

The last one I bought looked like this:
pf464g_primary.jpg

And it was [censored] quality. I pulled it out and some of the filter medium had caved in and was starting to crack.

The most recent one I bought looks exactly like this:
PS-7004.jpg

Needless to say, I was much happier to put that one in the car - although, it didn't look a whole lot different than the previous one except for those rubber end caps.

That filter is a K&N 7004 by the way, and in hindsight I don't think it's any better quality than the Microgard I pulled out of the car that was caved in. Also, in another thread there are pics of a K&N 7010 from a VW 2.5 that was caved in as well. I don't think these filters are particularly good quality, and I'm pretty convinced they are made by the same manufacturer.

^^^^Just an fyi here so you know. K&N and now the newish MicroGard are made by the same company, Champ.* So using K&N is some limited applications, like the cartridge shown would not be all that unusual. That said, generally speaking K&N is the higher end product.

*Box may now say Fram because of consolidation under one brand name, but Champ makes K&N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back