Trade Ultra for Kendall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have someone who would like for me to trade him 6 quarts of Ultra SM for 6 quarts of Kendall full synthetic w/Ti SN. The Ultra is from my wal-mart clearance stash. SM Ultra for SN Kendall? I think it is a good trade. Thoughts?

laugh.gif

I assume it's Pennzoil Ultra? If so, keep it. Full top-tier synthetic versus a semi-syn.

While Kendall is a fantastic oil and one of my favorites, I would put my money on PZ Ultra offering better protection especially for extended drains.

Nothing wrong with Kendall, but it's a cheaper oil versus the Ultra. I wouldn't make that trade.

PU is a first tire oil. But if you proceed in the trade ,I'd be happy to trade you some of my Valvoline NG for the Kendal you will have
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I am keeping all of the SN rated Ultra so no major heartburn over 6 quarts of older SM rated Ultra. I am also curious about the Titanium additive.

The SM Ultra had a lot of Boron, but it didn't have the very low NOACK the SN version has that makes it one of the best 5wXX on the market. The SN Kendall is an excellent oil with a very nice, stout additive pack. I would go ahead and do it.

the Kendall always had a super clean bottle the pennzoil some times has black soot on the bottom of the bottle you can see when you empty it...This has been discussed before here. They are both great oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back