Motorcraft FL-400S and FL-910S Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
KC, can you please post a list of the double ADBV filters along with their part #s?

Sure, these are the ones I know of.

Napa Gold 1315
Wix 51315
Puro Classic L25230
Pure One PL25230 (may be out of production).
Fram PH8316 orange can
Fram TG8316 Tough Guard
STP S8316
Motorcraft FL-500S (out of production).

I have 3 of these in my grubby little mitts now, the Fram OCOD, the Napa Gold and the STP. So far the STP looks to be the bargain of the bunch, it has the double ADBV's, one of which is silicone (as does the Napa Gold) but it only cost $4.49 at Auto Zone. It is also nearly 5" long, whereas the Fram and the FL-400S are about 4 inches long.

All the cans on these things are so thick you could use them as a blunt instrument to bludgeon someone to death, they are thick!

Disclaimer: While these things look like the bomb on paper I have yet to run one. I'm working on that!

Thank you KC.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
burst strength is about 100 psi more than the standard FL-400S equivalents.

I don't think burst strength is something I would worry about, never even heard of a filter bursting in 40 years, now strength as far as being impaled by something run over in the road would be a different matter.

can you post an inside the can view of a double ADBV?

Originally Posted By: LScowboy
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
burst strength is about 100 psi more than the standard FL-400S equivalents.

I don't think burst strength is something I would worry about, never even heard of a filter bursting in 40 years, now strength as far as being impaled by something run over in the road would be a different matter.

can you post an inside the can view of a double ADBV?

No I don't worry about bursting either but when the can feels this solid in your hand it does give this BITOG'er a warm fuzzy feeling.

Seriously since I do some off road with the Jeep a thicker can is a plus against flying rocks and debris, even though it's virtually never a problem it's nice to have since they throw it in for free.

I don't have any pics there are some on the net, the links Blue posted show it.

EDIT: Here's a thread with a disected PH8316. Virtually all the bypass valves I've seen so far on these look the same as this one.

Fram PH8316 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back