Ford Focus 120 MPH Crash Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely good for the shock value. Would be interesting to see it at 50, 60, 70, and 80.

My guess is you would be dead at any of those speeds if you went head on into a concrete wall.

Neat video. It's a first gen Focus. I'm sure the newest would fair much better.
smile.gif
. No vehicle would survive.

That video made me regret driving at 120 MPH before and i will never drive that fast again...

Originally Posted By: shadow7
That video made me regret driving at 120 MPH before and i will never drive that fast again...

Why? You'll be a pancake at 60 just as much as 120...

You don't have to be going that fast all by yourself to create that kind of carnage. Two cars going 60 mph in a head-on will do it also.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
You don't have to be going that fast all by yourself to create that kind of carnage. Two cars going 60 mph in a head-on will do it also.

No, but hitting a train head on will. As you get pushed backwards down the track at 60 mph you'll have undergone a net -120 MPH speed change, same as hitting a brick wall.

Hitting another car the same weight head on will get you 60-0, half as bad.

Hitting a parked car the same weight at 60 will be like hitting a brick wall at 30.

2 cars head on going 80mph was made famous a few times on the Golden Gate Bridge....the last time I paid attention it was a Mercedes E class versus a BMW 5 series. Mercedes won- Owner survived. BMW did not I recall.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Neat video. It's a first gen Focus. I'm sure the newest would fair much better.
smile.gif
. No vehicle would survive.

No vehicle will survive being written off but the passengers can survive in the latest carbon fibre sportscars, such as the Enzo Ferrari, Porsche Carrera GT, McLaren MP4-12C etc.

I am a Physical Therapist and I had the pleasure of being part of a great team that got a lady walking after she crashed into a concrete pole going an estimated 15-20MPH. Her gen 1 Focus flattened and she broke both legs (shattered). She could not bear any weight per doc orders for 3 months. It does not take much to really get hurt in a MVA. Some get lucky, others dont and there are many factors involved.
I don't like the Gen 1 Focus personally.

I can't think of any car that would survive that.

Princess Di back in 1997 was in a w140 Benz and if I'm not mistaken the speeds were similar / slightly lower.

The W140 Benz is considered a VERY safe car.

Originally Posted By: needsducktape
I can't think of any car that would survive that.

Princess Di back in 1997 was in a w140 Benz and if I'm not mistaken the speeds were similar / slightly lower.

The W140 Benz is considered a VERY safe car.

Yeah I had one of those. They are buit like tanks. I even had legal ky plate on it saying PANZER. Diana were not bucked up, the only person survived had seatbelt on.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

someone didn't watch their mythbusters (or missed basic physics).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back