Hyundai KIA oil filter cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Originally Posted By: sayjac

Excellent point. Unfortunately, there's generally very little if any information on the OEM's efficiency. That's why the relatively recent Amsoil test of some OEM's is a pleasant surprise and enlightening, at least to me. eg., efficiency of the Honda A-02 and Toyota oem's as well as the FL820S at the other end.

And, it's also one of the points I was making in my previous post here that we know the P1's rated efficiency, afaik there's no such information on the OEM H/K filter.

Without any efficency info, really the most that can be said about the H/K filter is, it does look well made.

Me too. Even the "lowly" Fram Tough Guard (OCOD) is 94 percent @ 20 um using a blended media.

FRAM Tough Guard is 99% @ 20 microns (and its a silver can
laugh.gif
)

Quote:
For the most part you guys are just comparing cosmetics. What's the efficiency of the various filters?

Excellent point. Unfortunately, there's generally very little if any information on the OEM's efficiency. That's why the relatively recent Amsoil test of some OEM's is a pleasant surprise and enlightening, at least to me. eg., efficiency of the Honda A-02 and Toyota oem's as well as the FL820S at the other end.

And, it's also one of the points I was making in my previous post here that we know the P1's rated efficiency, afaik there's no such information on the OEM H/K filter.

Without any efficency info, really the most that can be said about the H/K filter is, it does look well made.

I can't find this test anywhere. Anyone have a link?

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Quote:
For the most part you guys are just comparing cosmetics. What's the efficiency of the various filters?

I can't find this test anywhere. Anyone have a link?

Found it by chance. It's on the Amsoil filter page:

EAO_efficiency_900.jpg

Thanks for posting the image. It's interesting, but not really useful as a comparison, as none (or few) of those filters is/are for the same application. What you are seeing is the difference in efficiency for a particular application, and it doesn't necessarily represent the efficiency for the entire line of filter

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Thanks for posting the image. It's interesting, but not really useful as a comparison, as none (or few) of those filters is/are for the same application. What you are seeing is the difference in efficiency for a particular application, and it doesn't necessarily represent the efficiency for the entire line of filter

I think that chart is a good representation of what the companies are putting out. I doubt for instance that Honda nad Toyota are going to have one filter that is 50% @ 20 microns and others at 98% @ 20 microns in the same filter line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back