Scored a john deere je75 for $35

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mower is in really good shape, guy was moving out of province and had to clean out his shed on sunday, told me take for $35. Problem he says hasn't run in over a year, so i open the gas cap sure enough there is some old gas in the tank and the fuel valve was left open, so i figure i have nothing to lose might as well try and start it. Go figure on the fourth pull the s.o.b starts, now if this is my mower at home or most anyone else's you know it would never go. So the only problem is slight surging on high speed, take the carb apart and clean it , no new parts first pull starts and runs like a dream, it has the kawasaki 153 cc engine full pressurized lubrication system, doesn't have the oil filter option though. electric start bbc blade brake etc. Ordered a new mulching plug and can't wait to try it out.

Anyone have any experience with these mowers. sure seems well built.

Last edited:
Just bought a used one for $200 that sat a few years. Works great so far....you got a great deal

We've got a 14SE that is 20 years old. By far the best push mower I've ever used. They will run forever if taken care of. Ours is on its 4th set of tires...

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
Are you sure its not a JS ? But yes, with the kawasaki engine, it will run forever. The "cadilliac" of push mowers. Truely a great find!
Nope sticker on the back plate ( JE75 electric start) I take the e as standing for electric ??

I think if i had said no he would have pushed it to the curb, for $35 i wasn,t taking that chance. How well do these mowers mulch??

The clutch for the blade brake eventually fails. The parts to fix that are more than your initial investment for sure. You got a great buy on a quality mower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back