HTC ONE - which one

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems there are several sub-models of the HTC ONE. The most expensive one is over $700 on AMAZON. The one on T-MOBILE (my carrier) is a little over $300 and is a different sub-model.

Ideas on which one is best bang for the buck.

They are 3 models globaly

ONe called ONEX ( att and others not tmobile)

ONe called ONES ( tmobile)

OnE called ONE ( ALL CARRIERS )

ONES < ONEX < ONE

ONE is new ( less then a month old ) and its top notch device both in terms of performance and feautures and looks.

The one your reffering to must the be ONE S. It would be mid range.

ALL models do not have removeble battery or expansion so If thats important to you , ( saves you atlease 100 bucks from getting more storage ) i'd buy a samsung device. You can pop in 32 gb for less than 35 bucks with memory card.

If your reffering to this
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/cell-phone-detail.aspx?cell-phone=HTC-One-S-Gradient-Blue-Phone

I'd buy s2 over it , its the midrange and it doesnt have the metal construction of the ONE making it not that attaractive over s2/s3.

S4 just came out so your going to find alot of sales on samsung devices as well ( as HTC ).

Last edited:
Bang for your buck, is in the trailing end phones:
RazrM, GS3, etc.

The need to have the latest and greatest is an expensive one.

Be smarter than the phone. (TM)
wink.gif

What? You mean super wonderful HTC is copying the approach of evil, stupid, brainless Apple??? And charging the same kind of pricetag?

The nerve of those people.

My current phone is a Motorola Droid 2 G on T-Mobile. So looking for a new phone shortly. The HTC One is refined in its case and style? The Samsung S4 is barely more than the S3.

I could spring for the HTC ONE S at T-Mobile but need to pay it with one payment due to my current $30/month plan.

So is the HTF ONE S a big enough step up to warrant the purchase?

Originally Posted By: badtlc
There is also the HTC One X+. Great phone.

Yes , but its $530 on Amazon.

I will buy whatever phone outright. Or I loose my T-Mobile cheap plan.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
swappa

I kept my grandfathered verizon unlimited plan (with a nice discount) and picked up a phone off swappa.com for a deal.

I had that plan with a discount. The T-Mobile $30 plan is better.

Originally Posted By: cat843
swappa

I kept my grandfathered verizon unlimited plan (with a nice discount) and picked up a phone off swappa.com for a deal.

Yeah I looked into leaving VZW, but there is no other network with 4G coverage here. Getting a new discounted phone from VZW would have bumped my plan by $30 a month for only 2G of data too! So I figured by buying a phone outright, I'd get the best deal. $220 for a like new Razr M off swappa last month.

Good luck on the new phone. Hold out for deals!

Originally Posted By: cat843
swappa

Yeah I looked into leaving VZW, but there is no other network with 4G coverage here. Getting a new discounted phone from VZW would have bumped my plan by $30 a month for only 2G of data too! So I figured by buying a phone outright, I'd get the best deal. $220 for a like new Razr M off swappa last month.

Good luck on the new phone. Hold out for deals!

I looked at swappa.com and there are no giveaways there.

My expectations for cell service is low and I am happy if I can text. I get almost no cell service where I live from T-Mobile or Verizon, and AT&T is marginal. My DSL service is not that great either. Smoke signals seem to work best. However when I am at work or on the road then I use my cell.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
use Ting.com, you'll save a ton on your monthly bill and upfront device costs.

https://ting.com/devices/buy is the main link.

HTC One = $536. Well, $511 with $25 off your first phone if you go to promo site http://twich.ting.com, then click on devices.

If I wasn't stuck with AT&T service, I'd move my entire family there instantly.

Ting = Sprint, which out here = no service for most of the Mountain west.

Played with a HTC one today at Best Buy. NICE phone IMO! Very well built and nice screen/ performance from what I saw.

I made a few calls with it and nice sound from it.

Will not be getting rid of my Nexus 4 anytime soon though. \i love it and like the ability to go either T-Mobile or ATT if I want.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back