A look at some Beck Arnley brand parts -PICS-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve recently been buying Beck Arnley parts when working on my vehicles. Beck Arnley claims they source many of their parts from OE suppliers, but they do admit they also source parts from companies that "match OE."

http://www.beckarnley.com/

They have some videos about their parts that are somewhat interesting, if you’re interested in auto parts.

The parts I’ve bought have all seem to have good fit and finish and have worked well. I can’t tell if they’re from OE suppliers. The bushings and the seal have Nissan part numbers on them, but that doesn’t mean they’re from the same supplier as the genuine part. These have all been pretty affordable.

I can’t comment on the long-term reliability of these parts, as they’re all new.

All these parts are for my 1999 Nissan Frontier. They were all purchased from Rock Auto or eBay.

Cap and Rotor
Both made in Japan. I’ve replaced them a couple times already on my Nissan. Even the higher-priced line from NAPA is now made in China. These fit well and worked great. I paid $14 shipped total for both.
IMG_0028-1000.jpg

Spark Plug Wires

The OE wires were Sumitomo. The BA wires are made in the USA and have some cosmetic differences, but they fit well and seem to be working fine. The BA wires are a little less than an inch longer than the OE wires. The BA wires have the marking "PJC," but googling that doesn't turn up a company. I paid $22 shipped.
IMG_0032-1000.jpg

IMG_0033-1000.jpg

IMG_0034-1000.jpg

IMG_0035-1000.jpg

IMG_0037-1000.jpg

IMG_0038-1000.jpg

IMG_0040-1000.jpg

Strut Rod Bushings
Made in Taiwan. These have a Nissan part number, but no other markings. They are shaped just like the OE bushings and fit just like the originals. Even some of the higher-priced aftermarket brands like Moog are cosmetically different than the originals. $21 shipped for four bushings.
IMG_0050-1000.jpg

Front Crankshaft Seal

Made in Taiwan. Nissan part number and the marking NK-106. I haven’t installed this part yet. $4.96 shipped.
IMG_0051-1000.jpg

IMG_0052-1000.jpg

IMG_0053-1000.jpg

IMG_0054-1000.jpg

Last edited:
I've used some Beck/Arnley parts for my Pathfinder, specifically a transmission filter & gasket kit and inner wheel bearing grease seals. All fit well and looked exactly like the OEM parts. I did not examine them for markings though. The transmission filter was covered in grey wear material anyway and I did not even think to clean the exterior to examine it. I wouldn't hesitate to use Beck/Arnley parts in the future.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Have you found a Beck/Arnley ABS module yet for the Hyundai?

grin.gif
jk

Ha!
grin.gif

I kind of got that sorted out. It appears it was the wiring, not the module itself. I took it back and had the tech disassemble and inspect the connections, which they agree not to charge me for, and that seems to have fixed it. it's been months and the light hasn't reappeared.

But, now it's having airbag issues. It's just one thing after another on that stupid Hyundai.

Last edited:
We used to use BA in our shop and occasionaly still do their products are good, however they are a re-brander and to the best of my knowledge do not Mfg. anything. I have found better pricing on the Net and at the OE.

So is this thread implying that B/A provides OE or exact fit equivalents that are better than typical aftermarket?

Originally Posted By: crazy8
We used to use BA in our shop and occasionaly still do their products are good, however they are a re-brander and to the best of my knowledge do not Mfg. anything. I have found better pricing on the Net and at the OE.

They are a rebrander. They source and distribute parts.

I ordered these online. I shopped around found the lowest prices I could find on these, they're the same or cheaper than a lot of auto-parts store stuff you can buy.

These parts were significantly cheaper than OE parts. I shopped some of the online dealer parts sites before ordering these. I'm not a dealer parts hater. I've bought a good amount of genuine parts in the past and I will continue to.

Last edited:
The Beck/Arnley parts I've ordered from Advance certainly "look" and "feel" much better than the common in-store brands, e.g. BWD, Stant, etc.

If you can get the Beck/Arnley for the same or less than the common brand, I say go for it.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: crazy8

They are a rebrander. They source and distribute parts.

I ordered these online. I shopped around found the lowest prices I could find on these, they're the same or cheaper than a lot of auto-parts store stuff you can buy.

These parts were significantly cheaper than OE parts. I shopped some of the online dealer parts sites before ordering these. I'm not a dealer parts hater. I've bought a good amount of genuine parts in the past and I will continue to.

I would keep buying BA then, stay away from house brands.

Originally Posted By: Rand
1999 with cap and rotor?
really?

15.gif

Not unheard of. Distributorless ignitions did not really phase out in most makes until the early to mid 2000's.

Honda ran a cap and rotor setup until 2002 on their accords and the Nissan Frontier until 2004

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: Rand
1999 with cap and rotor?
really?

15.gif

Not unheard of. Distributorless ignitions did not really phase out in most makes until the early to mid 2000's.

Honda ran a cap and rotor setup until 2002 on their accords and the Nissan Frontier until 2004

True,
And the GM Vortec 4300 V6 also used a distributor for an extremely long period of time.

I just bought some Beck/Arnley pads for the Beetle. They're the 089 series, so they claim to use the exact same friction material formula as the OE pads.

I was also considering the Centric 100 series pads. They also claim to use the OE friction material. Centric didn't answer my email asking about the country of origin. Beck/Arnley has always been very responsive when I asked a question and I've been quite happy with the other BA parts I've bought, so I decided to go with the BA pads.

They're supplied by Ate and made in Italy. This car still has the factory pads on the rear, and they don't have any shims, so neither do the BA pads.

BA1_zps389976ef.jpg

BA2_zpsa41266d6.jpg

BA3_zps83b3e6e7.jpg

BA4_zps1984aa8b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back