Some IT jobs; SE Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would post some positions open where I work; we have had 0 luck finding any people locally.

Linux System Administrator = entry-level linux administrator, looking for someone we can train up into an operational support role

Entry Level SAN/NAS Administrator w/ Linux Experience = entry-level admin to primarily support SAN/NAS administration, linux background a plus for this role

Entry Level Middleware Administrator = junior level person to join the middleware team to perform routine work maintaining our growing list of instances of Weblogic, Apache, etc.

Entry Level Windows System Administrator = basic junior level Wintel admin to bring in to train to take basic work so we can free up more time to work projects among our current Wintel admins

I have no idea what the salary rates are. One would be working with experienced people, not "going it alone"

US Citizenship req'd; No remote work; no relocation assistance. For the linux jobs, not interested in showing someone the way it works, one has to know how it works and we'll help you with the rest....

PM me for details. This is primarily a networking post meaning I don't intend people in Topeka to apply, but if your BIL got layed off and he lives in Providence..... you get it.

SE CT is a good place to live, although it is no New Jersey (j/k)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brons2
If you haven't had any luck finding people, perhaps you should offer more money.

It is an ability issue, not a $$ one.

Ask any company that hiring that needs STEM skills....

Last edited:
South East CT is unaffordable for those in entry level positions. I grew up there and, working a well paying Gulfstream aircraft maintenance job, I had to move out. I'm simply not willing to live in squalor or commute 2 hours for a job.

Sorry, but the million dollar single family home is not "entry level" in my book. Nor is $4000/month rent. Couple that with steep taxes and,,,, good luck.

? Where did you grow up? Are you confusing it with SW Connecticut?

Westerly RI and Norwich are not sporting anywhere near the $$$ you indicate. Reasonable house out in the country (Brooklyn CT) about 30 minutes away are $150,000

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
? Where did you grow up? Are you confusing it with SW Connecticut?

Westerly RI and Norwich are not sporting anywhere near the $$$ you indicate. Reasonable house out in the country (Brooklyn CT) about 30 minutes away are $150,000

Sorry, you are correct, I did confuse the "East" side of Connecticut. And, I wish I could edit my older post.

I grew up in Wilton, CT and Fairfield, CT (on the East coast, in Southern Connecticut, but not Eastern Connecticut) My mistake.

Fairfield county, and nearby places are exceedingly expensive. Other area's of CT are not nearly as insane. BTW, in the late 80's, $80+K was not enough to live in Fairfield county, after NY state taxes, income tax, and CT taxes. I had to leave as a 1 bedroom place was not enough, and I could not afford more, NO MATTER WHAT.

By comparison to where I live in Florida, Connecticut in general, is considerably more expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back