why is fram really so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: rokwldr
I have a friend who almost lost a 30,000 dollar race engine because of a collapsed Fram filter. That is enough to keep me from using them! I will keep using Delco filters, 68000 mi. and no issues in my GMC Canyon five banger.

I have a friend who Mother in law's second cousin's neighbor's manager at work was saved from being killed in a carjacking when a passing motorist's Fram filter exploded and knocked the robber unconscious
lol.gif

banana2.gif

Any car that uses a Fram filter will eventually rust, get in a wreck, be abandoned, be scrapped, or will have no one who drives it when humans finally go extinct.
Trolling.gif

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
The story about alien creatures coming out of Orange Cans and fastening themselves to human faces ain't true.

Then how do you explain this?
50.gif
99862579.jpg

I have changed my mind about re-using filters (sorry Blue, not for your reason) so I spun a brand new orange can on my Jeep today for a little flushing run OCI.

I am not the least bit concerned, and maybe it'll even annoy an OCOD hater.
laugh.gif

Hee hee.

I am such a filter nut my FCI's had gotten completely off sequence of my oil changes as I was always trying something else. So I've been using filters for quite a while that remained on when I drained the oil, at least the last 3 OCI's. After I did some calculating (and also had a disappointing UOA with a TBN that was lower than it should have been) I am no longer comfortable with the amount of old oil not changing the filter leaves in the system.

So I am now a one filter one OCI guy, but not because I don't think the filter can handle it. I'll admit today after I did the change I was surprised and I had forgotten how it was to change the oil and have it so clean it was hard to see on the dipstick!

Back on topic, here's an orange can I ran a full 5k, it did all I could ask and for just over 2 bucks how can I complain?

Hey Blue, you missed this part

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I have changed my mind about re-using filters (sorry Blue, not for your reason)

And this part!

...but not because I don't think the filter can handle it.

grin.gif

Hey Blue, you missed this part

I have changed my mind about re-using filters (sorry Blue, not for your reason)

And this part!

...but not because I don't think the filter can handle it.

grin.gif

Oh, I saw them. But I was more interested in the one filter for each OCI part.
thumbsup2.gif

I have changed my mind about re-using filters (sorry Blue, not for your reason) so I spun a brand new orange can on my Jeep today for a little flushing run OCI.

I am not the least bit concerned, and maybe it'll even annoy an OCOD hater.
laugh.gif

Hee hee.

I am such a filter nut my FCI's had gotten completely off sequence of my oil changes as I was always trying something else. So I've been using filters for quite a while that remained on when I drained the oil, at least the last 3 OCI's. After I did some calculating (and also had a disappointing UOA with a TBN that was lower than it should have been) I am no longer comfortable with the amount of old oil not changing the filter leaves in the system.

So I am now a one filter one OCI guy, but not because I don't think the filter can handle it. I'll admit today after I did the change I was surprised and I had forgotten how it was to change the oil and have it so clean it was hard to see on the dipstick!

Back on topic, here's an orange can I ran a full 5k, it did all I could ask and for just over 2 bucks how can I complain?

I thought you had a TG on the Jeep? BTW, thanx for posting.
thumbsup2.gif

it did all I could ask and for just over 2 bucks how can I complain?
Where did you get an OCOD for $2? Even at Wally's around here they're over $4.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord

I know how he did it, but I was sworn to secrecy.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

I thought you had a TG on the Jeep? BTW, thanx for posting.
thumbsup2.gif

I did, just changed it yesterday, long story but nothing to do with the filter.

They were on sale at Advance Auto parts, and then I used on line discount codes to knock them down even cheaper before I went and picked them up.
grin.gif

They were on sale at Advance Auto parts, and then I used on line discount codes to knock them down even cheaper before I went and picked them up.
grin.gif

That's not what you told me in a PM. You said KevGuy would sell them to you at that price if you posted it on here that you used them.
shocked2.gif
27.gif

grin.gif

That's not what you told me in a PM. You said KevGuy would sell them to you at that price if you posted it on here that you used them.
shocked2.gif
27.gif

You funny funny guy you!
lol.gif

grin.gif

You know, if you used the PH8A then why not use the MC FL-1A? Unless you have some OCOD's left in your stash.
smile.gif

i tore open a fram TG8A yesterday from my jeep after 3k miles and it looked great
RMS leak looks to have stopped also. put my 3rd fill of DEFY in and a fram ultra

Originally Posted By: MrRPM
i tore open a fram TG8A yesterday from my jeep after 3k miles and it looked great
RMS leak looks to have stopped also. put my 3rd fill of DEFY in and a fram ultra

Why no pictures then? Are you holding out on us? You KNOW filter prom is a necessity around here!
20.gif

grin.gif

You know, if you used the PH8A then why not use the MC FL-1A? Unless you have some OCOD's left in your stash.
smile.gif

Yes I already had it. I could go 3 years on my Jeep without having to buy another filter, but I don't let that stop me!
laugh.gif
A pretty new FL-1a would be a waste for a 1,500 mile "flush" run anyway.

Originally Posted By: MrRPM

Oh please do cut and post!

I have a Tough Guard from my Jeep that I want to cut as well, but I used a TG3600 so it won't be redundant. And I have a TG8A set aside to run with my GC whenever I get to it, so I'd like to see yours.

Don't make us beg now.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back