Bleeder thread sealant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know what Speedbleeders uses for their thread sealant? It is supposed to hold up well to multiple tight/loose cycles and while they sell it seperate it will cost over $15 (with shipping) for just a few ounces. Further, it would really be creme on the cake if anybody had a good low cost replacement!

This kind of fitting is sealed at the base and not at the threads. Surprised they include a thread sealant. It might be a corrosion inhibitor. I put a super small amount of antisieze paste on mine.

Well, on speedbleeders you need to maintain a thread seal even with the fitting loosened otherwise you will (potentially) suck air in during bleeding. I have always just used brake grease on mine as well, at least on regular bleeders!

I was a Petro and HVAC pipefitter/welder for 32 years. In the HVAC field we would use Armstrong brand CBVs. (Circuit Balancing Valves) Sometimes we would have to extend the factory P/T (pressure/temperature) ports to allow for insulation. A (1) oz. tube of this was provided in each valve box for the threads.

http://www.bradleygroupcoatings.com/product.php?prod_id=51

I would also use this on brake bleeders.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back