How to use Kreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some Kreen and I hear great things about this internal engine cleaner.What is the best way to use this product?I want to drain a quartof oil and add this stuff to the old oil and and let the engine run while it is hot then let it sit for a day than change the oil/filter.Joe

Kreen is not a fast flush. How I use it - put 1/2 qt in and drive 1k-1500 miles then drain. At the end of the next OCI repeat with the other 1/2 qt.

Last edited:
It goes in the crankcase and is more powerful than Seafoam.

If you suspect sludge, put it in, sparingly at first. Otherwise, don't

*some put it in the gas, too.. I can see parting out one quart of it over some fills. Same way I used to do with Redline SI-1. You can't over-use it in the fuel, "Ethanol poop" gets dissolved.

Last edited:
Add a half quart to a full sump. You can add the other half to the gas if you want to. Repeat every 1000 miles until you reach your goal.
Dont use it in the start of an extended drain. You dont wanna go 10k with a bunch of stuff in suspension.
I like to use it in a 3k oci. Added 2 or 3 times and then drain.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Kreen is not a fast flush. How I use it - put 1/2 qt in and drive 1k-1500 miles then drain. At the end of the next OCI repeat with the other 1/2 qt.

Nothing wrong with doing that way either
thumbsup2.gif

I should clarify. Kreen evaporates in 500-1000 miles. Thats why you add it to a full sump and repeat every 1000 miles.

I wouldn't over use it , if need-be go real easy if you think the engine is in need of it , which it likely isn't . If something comes loose in a critical oil gally because of it....not good .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dually
I just bought some Kreen and I hear great things about this internal engine cleaner.What is the best way to use this product?I want to drain a quartof oil and add this stuff to the old oil and and let the engine run while it is hot then let it sit for a day than change the oil/filter.Joe

In any normal case use it exactly as instructed.

Great results and fast.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Dually

In any normal case use it exactly as instructed.

Great results and fast.

Is it faster than MMO?

It really seems diesel fuel would work just as well, is cheaper, and more readily available. I've ran a full crankcase of diesel before and it works great. NOTE: Do NOT drive the car with a full crankcase of diesel, and I don't recommend it without an oil pressure gauge attached. But, dump in .5-1 full quart maybe 400-500 miles before doing your oil change. Do that 2-3 OCI's in a row and I'm willing to bet you'll have a cleaner engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back