AutoRx and a Microwave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to each his own. I provided him with some of the information he asked for. It hasn't been debunked like you want to think or say. It's just there are always two, or three sides to the story, and whatever you think proves microwaves are safe is only one side.

I would never trust what the FDA says. They are continually approving very unsafe drugs and are continually pulling them off the market a few years later. The FDA has years of documented corruption. Believe what you want.

High ester and fatty oils will heat very nicely in a Micro wave i use one at work all the time to "melt" solid lab samples faster than a hot plate and No harm. RX has a high amount of Lanolin ester (the brown red solid) and a micro works well.
bruce

"The Rx becomes a solid of sorts at cold temps. I could not pour any from the bottle."

This got me thinking I use fatty esters at work at 5-10% in various products which are similar to RX and they will generally raise PP and viscosity in cold oil.
I would think that this put into a 10w/30 oil will raise the cold vis to a straight wt range has anyone ever done a "freezer" test with and with out the normal dose of RX in the oil?
At the least I would think it will settle out and re mix when warm. If over used would it thicken the oil so much in cold temps that oil starvation could occur?

bruce

Auto-Rx once it meets oil takes on the viscosity of the host oil in heat or cold. Auto-Rx does not raise PP or viscosity.Don't jump to conclusions because of fatty esters. KEEP AUTO-RX OUT OF MICROWAVE IT IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.

the biggest problem would be nuking it too long because you got distracted and the arx overheated and burst in the nuker.a mess and maybe a fire.

quote:

Well to each his own. I provided him with some of the information he asked for. It hasn't been debunked like you want to think or say. It's just there are always two, or three sides to the story, and whatever you think proves microwaves are safe is only one side.

I would never trust what the FDA says. They are continually approving very unsafe drugs and are continually pulling them off the market a few years later. The FDA has years of documented corruption. Believe what you want.

Think about this. Don't you think there'd be a lot of malnourished folks running around if microwaves virtually removed all nutrients from food?
dunno.gif

People are always scared of what they don't understand. Like the whole "nuking" food concept. A lot of people think they are shooting something to the effect of nuclear radiation thru their food. No, not really. Not at all.

Read some more articles off that mercola site. They'll have you wearing aluminum foil hats in no time and buying some "detox" pills from them. They're job is to scare you of everything so you can buy their convinient "solutions" to all your problems. Cha-ching!
cheers.gif

No self-respecting peer-reviewed medical journal since the screwy monograph that appeared in Lancet several years ago has given any credibility to these oddball theories. I guess that's when they sold out to the conspiracy as well.
pat.gif

I work for the fed. govt. and let me tell you, I'm still waiting for someone to buy me off. Please...throw me lots of money.
patriot.gif

I think the evidence goes beyond two or three sides to the story. Well, unless there are people here who are also members of the flat earth society.
rolleyes.gif

Here's an article from the Canadian govt. You know how they are in the pocket of "big microwave."

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/iyh-vsv/prod/micro-f-a_e.html

Bruce381 wrote "I would think that this put into a 10w/30 oil will raise the cold vis to a straight wt range has anyone ever done a "freezer" test with and with out the normal dose of RX in the oil?
At the least I would think it will settle out and re mix when warm. If over used would it thicken the oil so much in cold temps that oil starvation could occur?"

My concerns were identical. Little voices in my head said why on earth would a guy in Florida test the effect on pour point and the like, below -10 F, even 0 or +10 F. I really sensed Frank Miller is a good, honest gentleman but many in Florida and a few other states have NO concern about anything that happens above the Mason-Dixon line, let alone The Dakotas, let alone Canada. I didn't do something dumb like challenge him on the board (or microwave a bottle on high, set the timer and go shopping
tongue.gif
....but I ordered a pour point test on Auto-RX-mixed oil (GC 0W30, as I recall) and the pour point close to a year later were the same as the host oil when new. I'll even ad my own caveat. The PP test is accurate to plus or minus 5 C and is a painful $25. I am better off waiting for a -35 overnight low and taking samples from used oil and new virgin host and just getting a subjective feel for how well they flow. Or take a used vitamin bottle, clealiness wouldn't be a huge factor, and drain some of the used stuff (with Auto-RX) into it. Place it, and a bottle of the host oil in a plastic bag, which is in another plastic bag, depending on your wife's chances of finding this in the deep-freeze (chest-style freezer). Next day take out both and do a subjective test. Keep in mind the % full of each container will affect how much it glugs around and that might affect your subjective test. Or waste $25 on an inaccurate but objective test. Or put them in clear containers, straight from the freezer and put them side by side on a plank of wood, incline 5 degrees from horizontal, take pics or video to your hearts content. Whatever anyone likes.
I had doubt, and spent $ to show that Auto-RX affected pour point (and I agree, it makes sense that is would) and tests showed, Auto-RX had no impact on pour point. If I can run it in a
canada.gif
winter you can run it in an
patriot.gif
winter.
BTW I have at least 4 year's supply of Auto-RX (unless my family changes their mind and wants it for Christmas. Not likely) and yet I just bought 6 more bottles of Auto-RX.
I hope this helps
Rob

quote:

Anytime you set some oil or supplement in a microwave, you're asking for trouble, especially when the cap is tight or when there are metallic additives in the oil. Can you say Big Mess, new microwave, call 911???

Perhaps the only legitimate reason for not microwaving that I have heard so far! LOL!!!

also nuking Auto RX in a microwave may cause micro bubbles that are high temp which could vaporize boil out the active ingredients, expensive.

could turn into a peanut oil propane turkey cooker gone nuclear, fire truck and home owner's insurance time.

offtopic.gif

quote:

The nutritional content of food is affected, for example, when heated with a microwave. I know some will say this is untrue, and that it should be perfectly safe, but there is data pointing to the contrary. I plan on getting rid of my microwave,

You're asking someone to prove a negative.

Microwaves of 2.45 GHz simply giggle and rotate molecules in fats (esters) which cause heating in the host material.

Microwaves affect nutritional values far less than do regular cooking. Stir frying under low heat in a wok is similar to microwave cooking, in that it saves the vitamin content.

Now can we dispense with the pseudoscience?

Anytime you are about to change oil and add supplements in cold weather, there is a simple and logical solution.

Simply bring your oil, filters, and supplements inside the night before and set them near a register, not on it, and let them warm up.

Anytime you set some oil or supplement in a microwave, you're asking for trouble, especially when the cap is tight or when there are metallic additives in the oil. Can you say Big Mess, new microwave, call 911???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back