Does Hyundai & Kia Have Their Own Brand Name Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious does Hyundai and Kia have their own brand name motor oil and if so what is it called?

I think they have their own atf but im not 100% sure

My owners manual for 12 Kia Optima recommends Total brand oils. Of course I can't find it anywhere.

They didn't lie about MPG. Their tests produced the MPG's that were published, but didn't agree with the EPA results. The difference was about 1-2 MPG, and within any reasonable margin of error. Because Hyundai is a good company, they are paying people for the difference, for the life of the vehicle. This response was 100% voluntary and in no way were they compelled by legal action. In fact they didn't break any law in publishing their MPG results on window stickers.

Anyway, no they do not have their own oil brand at this tine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not everyone feels Hyundai was totally without blame in the mileage fiasco.

It's far more likely that they reacted because of pressure to do so rather than a genuine love for America. It's a pretty competitive market, eh?

Originally Posted By: salv
They didn't lie about MPG. Their tests produced the MPG's that were published, but didn't agree with the EPA results. The difference was about 1-2 MPG, and within any reasonable margin of error. Because Hyundai is a good company, they are paying people for the difference, for the life of the vehicle. This response was 100% voluntary and in no way were they compelled by legal action. In fact they didn't break any law in publishing their MPG results on window stickers.

Anyway, no they do not have their own oil brand at this tine.

From reports I've read the EPA had much to do with them lowering their sticker claims and it was fear of a legal suit that prompted the rebates to compensate those who had been suckered into buying these cars based on MPG claims.

SO at my Hyundai dealer, I’ve asked about their synthetic and they told me it’s Pennzoil, but like many dealerships, they buy whatever oil they want. When I’ve asked about their synthetic blend, I was told that they didn’t know. My Honda dealership uses Mobil-1 for their synthetic..

It's pennzoil products, in which Quaker state is used. Though I think the factory fill on the newest ones went from QSGB to QSUD...

Why are some people on this site such Hyundai Haters?

The OP asks a question about oil and the first response is a off topic Hyundai bash.

This is followed up by a poster who I usually respect but I have noticed he seem to go out of his way to add a anti-Hyundai comment.

Even when Hyundai give customers money, its said to create
"good will", when they were not required to its not good enough for these Hyundai Haters. I wish the Chevy had given me money to make up for the POS cars the sold me for two decades.

I don't see other posters bashing other makes every time they are mentioned.

Last edited:
Since you've mentioned it, they might now.
How about HGMO, with the "H" being Hyundai, not Honda?
Nothing wrong with specing a grade and then offering it in your own brand, with your own brand recommended (although not required) in the OM.
Honda does, Subaru does, BMW does (actually 2X, once as BMW and then as Mini), Mazda does and Toyota does.
Why shouldn't Hyundai?

Sticker near the air cleaner box on our 2011 Elantra shows Quaker State oil...
Every 5k, I use Motorcraft 5w-20 semi synthetic in the 5qt red jug from Wally World...:0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back