Honda 2.4 reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have had my 2006 Accord for a year and a couple months now. Bought it with 97,000 miles now it has over 110,000. Im very good about maintenance so thats not an issue. How long should this car last with proper maintenance. My driving style is 95% city and about 5% hwy.

With proper care, it will run so long you will be begging to get rid of it.
laugh.gif

With proper maintenance, the engine will last forever, or at least longer than you'd want to keep the car. It's the other stuff like body, electronics, etc. that will eventually make you want to get rid of the car. But I wouldn't worry about the engine.

check your fluids , take care of any check engine lights and it will last LONG TIME.

Parts for my 2000 accord are 3x easier to find than my 08 corolla.

That says that companies trust that the platform will go far.

Honda's K24 engine is one of the best 4-cylinders out there. You can easily drive it for many hundreds of thousands of miles if you care to.

somewhere I recall reading that the design spec for honda motors is 400,000 miles.

My mother has an 05 civic with 270,000 on it now. it runs smooth and nimble. no notable oil consumption. dealer maintained. there is a minor seal leak, has been there a long time-- just a weep. original AT as well. I think it needed a new alternator around 220k. i'd wager that the PS fluid is original, I don't recall if the trans has been serviced or not. it's a solid car... no squeaks or rattles.... impressive.

honda can build a good car.

I had the 2.4 in an 02 accord. great motor. my trans was a little wonky. mine was used but IDK how it was treated.

Yep. Have an acquaintance with a 2004. He changes the oil every 5,000 miles with Mobil 1. 180K on the car, engine is fine, but its kind of a rolling dung heap otherwise.

Its the cosmetics that chase us out of our cars. We may enjoy discussing OCI but its more productive to keep the thing waxed and clean.

You're in Florida, so it won't rust out on you.

It'll last as long as you want to maintain it. If you want to get into rebuilding the engine and transmission when the time comes, it'll last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back