Calcium 3858
Zinc 64
TBN 11
Viscosity at 40c' 49
Viscosity @ 100c' 8.7
Water% 0.1
Nitration 14.9
PQ index Glycol Petrol% <0.5

Bob thanks for posting but I thought you were going to start using some cheap 10W-30 dino instead!

Anyway, nice report as usual although the iron is a higher.
The VI is 157 which is not particularly high for a 0W-20.

Was this the new XTL version of this oil?

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Bob thanks for posting but I thought you were going to start using some cheap 10W-30 dino instead!

Anyway, nice report as usual although the iron is a higher.
The VI is 157 which is not particularly high for a 0W-20.

Was this the new XTL version of this oil?

you are welcome
I refilled with fuchs 0w-20 again.No this is the older version not the new XTL.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Isn't your engine still breaking in?

Yup still brand new.Changed the Factory fill engine oil and oil filter at 1000kms.

Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
TBN of 11?

There is a typo there^^^

All my last UOA with Fuchs GT1 0w-20 showed up high TBN number's.Even after one year oil change interval's.Not sure what is the virgin oil's TBN number should be.

Fuchs GT1 0w-20 A$89 for 4L.
Mobil1 0w-20 5L A$67 From ebay.
Not much different.I thought stick with fuchs 0w-20.I only change oil once a year and filter every 6 months.Half way through i have changed the engine oil filter on above UOA but didn't add any oil because i was little over filled the sump in the first place.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: toyota62
I can say Fuchs GT1 0w-20 is the king of the low viscosity oil's.

+1. Crazy oil. Always good results, impressive TBN retention. The numbers here for a brand new engine over the course of a year are very impressive.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
TBN 11 after 5592 miles??? Run it farther!!

How do I buy this oil in the US for my girlfriend's 2010 Rav4??

I could have but then again i thought one year is more than enough.Not sure.Try to contact Fuchs Australia and see they can ship one carton of fuchs 0w-20 oil to you.(Three 4L bottles.)
http://www.fuchs.com.au/ContactUs.asp

Originally Posted By: REDDOG

+1. Crazy oil. Always good results, impressive TBN retention. The numbers here for a brand new engine over the course of a year are very impressive.

I've gotta agree. Low wear metals in a motor that should be shedding lots due to break in and if that tbn is correct then this oil should be able to go at least twice that mileage.
Could Amsoil and the SSO line have actual completion in the super long drain category.
Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

Very impressive engine and oil formula. The nitration looks high, but I'll have to look for a fresh number somewhere to compare. Thanks for posting!

The older version must have very high TBN. I never got a virgin TBN but when I got a sample from the Focus after the FF oil with an OCI of 7400kms/1 year I got a reading of 14.11.

The new XTL version has a virgin TBN of 8.9. After an OCI of 7100kms (1 year) I got a value of 6.1.

Originally Posted By: IPCOlsenVZ

The older version must have very high TBN. I never got a virgin TBN but when I got a sample from the Focus after the FF oil with an OCI of 7400kms/1 year I got a reading of 14.11.

The new XTL version has a virgin TBN of 8.9. After an OCI of 7100kms (1 year) I got a value of 6.1.

Was it keeping TAN in check while TBN was remaining high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back