2T oil in Diesel to improve lubricity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AVB
I have been told that hydraulic fluid is a good diesel additive. They claimed it adds sulfur to the fuel. This is third hand information supposedly recomended by a well known diesel shop.

sulfur isn't the issue, it's the things that are taken out, or molecularly changed when the fuel is desulfurised.

I can send you a block of elemental sulfur, incidentally, it was most probably obtained from desulfurisation of oil at a refinery...which has dropped the price to only a couple of hundred bucks a tonne

edit...just for interest, the cockatoo yellow mountains of sulfur at refineries are pretty amazing...look at link for a pile of prilled sulfur, bigger than football fields.

http://www.airphotona.com/image.asp?imageid=3874

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FrankieFX
Running used motor oil with in diesel is terrible idea. No profit generating company would ever conceive the notion.

Diesel engine use high pressure in the injection system to maintain efficiency and risking clogging these with contaminants and metal particles is bad idea.

Also the HFRR lubricity test with used motor oil shows almost no benefit.

I think it odd Cummins offers the Sentinal system on it's Diesels, it puts used oil in the fuel system an adds new fresh HDEO to the engine from a tank.
Will wonders never cease.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back