My new blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I changed the oil in the Jeep today and filled the sump up with a new blend.

4,476ml. Motorcraft synblend 5w-20
+
1,200ml. Mobil 1 0w-30 AFE

I would have gone with 4470ml of the MC and 1206ml of the M1, but oh well.

If you do any UOA's, how will you be able to make any performance judgements unless you do a VOA on the mix?

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I would have gone with 4470ml of the MC and 1206ml of the M1, but oh well.
You got beer all over my keyboard.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
This blend is one that would work better in the winter than the summer.

Why's that? 5w20 is suitable for pretty much every environment the US has to offer.

I have a Jeep with a 4.0 6 cylinder and it does not care what kind of oil it has as long as it has some in it. It has been great, although it does leak a little bit now after 19 years. Have nextgen maxlife in her now and drove her tonight. You will be fine with that mix.

I'm sure that will run just fine for you. A UOA will tell you how it did.

I'm a confessed blending addict, but I stay within manufacturers when I do it and usually within the same variation of a given brand (i.e. PYB and PYB). I believe, but can not prove, you are more likely to get the results you expect in this manner.

The Jeep loves this new blend (Previous fill was Motul X-MAX 0W-40)and is making the same psi.

HOT IDLE= 18psi
2,200RPM=45psi

Jeep revs much freer, although no marked improvement in gas mileage.

As long as there is no increase in consumption,will be sticking to this blend. Consumption has held steady at 1qt. per 3,000 miles since around 55,000. She currently is at 455,011 miles. Anybody want to take a guess at what HTHS figures, KV,etc.... This blend should be producing

If you have 455K on this engine with a quart added only every 3K, nobody here should be telling you what to run.
You should be telling us.
Do you really care about HTHS and so on, or are you teasing us?

Originally Posted By: fauxchemist
The Jeep loves this new blend (Previous fill was Motul X-MAX 0W-40)and is making the same psi.

HOT IDLE= 18psi
2,200RPM=45psi

Jeep revs much freer, although no marked improvement in gas mileage.

I admit I also noticed my engines rev more free when going slightly lighter. I spend enough time behind the wheel that I am intimately aware of every sound,bounce and squeak my vehicles and engines make,so I notice every little thing,and since I practice launching I am very aware of my engines capabilities.
Thin is definitely in,and I'm slowly coming around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back