2013 Subaru WRX! Photos + Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some photos of the ride and a little bit of info about it!

154kc4x.jpg

24maz2q.jpg

i56pet.jpg

1zqpmb4.jpg

2ykykaa.jpg

2882i43.jpg

3479zmd.jpg

a9j01.jpg

24bw0m9.jpg

34dk4es.jpg

qsunmg.jpg

6zom5e.jpg

29frwr7.jpg

SO, I have racked up 1000 miles in the short time I have had the new car and it is a real pleasure to drive. It is sort of scary how easy it is to drive fast. The car literally feels like it is riding on rails.

Now that I am past the Subaru recommended "1000 mile break-in" I have been playing with WOT and it is insane how fast this thing is. The AWD just allows all of the power to launch you from a stop like a rocket.

I already have an exhaust on order, so hopefully that will be here next week. The Turbo boxer engines sound so exotic with a nice exhaust!

The car is all about the power train. That is really what your paying for. The interior, while not flashy, is simple, well laid out, and acceptable. It is on par with the 2011+ Jettas. Lots of hard plastic but it is done well. It looks good and there is zero creaking/cracking/rattles/taps/ect. . . while driving at any speed.

That can't be said about the Jetta. . .

The brakes are very VERY good. Dual piston fronts with single piston rears. Globs of stopping power.

MPG is the down fall of this car. 2.5L 4cyl Turbo. I am getting about 19 MPG combined driving (mostly city). But I knew that going in since I have talked with WRX owners in the past.

The MPG is fine with me since it is just so fun to drive.

I just changed the oil yesterday to 5w30 Pennzoil Ultra API SN. Due to the high stress this oil will see (lots of short trips, spirited driving, ect.) and the fact it only has a 4.5L sump, I will be changing the oil again at 3000 miles. I will then run it out for 4000 miles and get a UOA on that run to see if and how much longer I want to extend it out.

** For the photo guru's: Here is the set up I was playing with :

Nikon D7000
Two Nikon SB700 speed flashes
18mm-105mm glass

mha6on.jpg

Forget the car. I like your camera setup.
smile.gif

Seriously though, I like both! While I won't be buying a car anytime soon, I might be pulling a trigger on the new Nikon D5200 and some new glass.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Forget the car. I like your camera setup.
smile.gif

Seriously though, I like both! While I won't be buying a car anytime soon, I might be pulling a trigger on the new Nikon D5200 and some new glass.

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a new D800 this summer as well as a 24-70 and 70-200.

I can't justify it what with the D7000 and D300s in my camera bag. But that's never stopped me before!!
crackmeup2.gif

What a perfect spot for a photo shoot! Absolutely gorgeous car. Must be an absolute blast to drive!

Congrats dude!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Very nice car, I like the color too.

Is it 18" wheel ? What are the tire sizes ?

Thanks!

They are 17"

It comes with 235/45R17 Dunlop SP Sport 01's.

Is that an oil spot under the front driver's side or was someone drooling near your car (like I am on my keyboard from looking at your pics)? Really nice color on a really nice car!

You should be a professional photographer for Subaru. I really like the color. Enjoy the car.

The only disadvantage with having this car where we live is all the little teenage ricer boys that will rev, cut you off, and try to "race you" from one light to the next.

Happened in my Camaro daily. One thing I didn't miss when I sold it.

Originally Posted By: jigen
The only disadvantage with having this car where we live is all the little teenage ricer boys that will rev, cut you off, and try to "race you" from one light to the next.

Happened in my Camaro daily. One thing I didn't miss when I sold it.

Haha yep,happens to me every day too!

The tire size 235/45-17 fits the WRX perfect, there are many choices in that size. The sidewall thickness is just right for performance/handling and ride firmness.

The WRX is more performance car than Mazda 6 or Honda Accord and others in that class, but Mazda 6 Sport comes with 19" wheels and others have 18" wheels. A family sedan with 4-cyl with less than 200 HP wear 19" tires is more for look than actual performance.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Mazda 6 Sport comes with 19" wheels and others have 18" wheels. A family sedan with 4-cyl with less than 200 HP wear 19" tires is more for look than actual performance.

If you're referring to the 2014 Mazda 6, the Sport trim has 17" wheels, while Touring and Grand Touring has 19" wheels...

(But perhaps you're referring to a different model year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back