recommended oil for land cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I recently purchased a 100 series land cruiser (2001 lx 470). I live in Virginia, and my wife drives it a couple time a week for short trips. We also use it for long trips (any time we have the baby with us).

I've spent some time reading through the forums and university 101.

Most of the guys over at ih8mud are running 0w40. I'm wondering if 0w30 would be better and I'm thinking of going with mobile 1. What do you guys think?

I would use 0w40 Mobil 1.... It now comes in 5qt jugs for 24.50 at Walmart; for the price/quality you just can't beat that everyday price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Brenden
I would use 0w40 Mobil 1.... It now comes in 5qt jugs for 24.50 at Walmart; for the price/quality you just can't beat that everyday price.

I hate you !!!

Well not really, but M1 0W-40 in K-Mart is $95 (Oz) for 5 litres.

Even house brand HDMO is $30 for 5 litres.

Either M1 0w-40 or German Castrol (edge 0w-30).

M1 is $25 for 5q jugs at wally world and you can get German Castrol on sale when they have their BOGO sales (buy one get one) at Advance Auto Parts.

You can't go wrong with Mobil 1. I run the Mobil 1 0W-30 in my Toyota 4.7. It's not very particular about oil. However, it likes the 0w or 5W better than 10W oils. Easier/peppier at startup. 115k miles with no consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back