PYB 5w30 + Kreen - 2,554 - 1998 Toyota Camry V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an analysis of a 2,554 mile run of PYB 5w30 along with a quart of Kreen @ 16oz doses roughly 1,000 miles apart.

I only did this UOA to check and make sure that the Kreen and previous runs with Auto-RX weren't hurting the engine wear wise. Of course long term engine health will be something that the next owner will have to deal with as I plan to sell the car @ 300k.

All previous runs were of Amsoil OE 5w30.

Camry2554milesonPYBandKreen_zps93ee5897.jpg

Pretty much as you'd expect with any additive of this type, viscosity and TBN have taken a hit, but everything is absolutely peachy anyway.

Probably why additive "cleaning runs" are best left to 3k or less though.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Pretty much as you'd expect with any additive of this type, viscosity and TBN have taken a hit, but everything is absolutely peachy anyway.

Sort of proves running Kreen for 1K wont harm the engine.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: KCJeep

Sort of proves running Kreen for 1K wont harm the engine.

Yup.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I would quit the Kreen and just use whatever oil you feel like using. I know you know what you are doing though...I think
wink.gif
(jk)

Do we get any VC pics????
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

There are pics posted in my Kreen thread. Check em out.

I asked Blackstone to run the TAN as I forgot to ask for it in the form. Figured I'd post the updated report.

Camry2554milesonPYBandKreen_zps2c641c4e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back