Anyone have any SLOB left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You remember, the "CD2 Street Legal" additive that came in the pink bottle? Back when Big Lots discounted this stuff to a dollar a bottle, I ended up with something around 60 bottles. I've got 18 bottles left. The plastic bottles have gone from the flaming pink to a funky brown/pink and a few have lost their flexability, (you have to open them carefully).

As I recall, there was a group of us who stockpiled this stuff back when and I was wondering if anyone else had any left?

Repackaged into old Maxlife oil quarts after a couple of the pink bottles cracked on me. Gave it all to my brother for his hot rods. Still have a dozen or so bottles of the CD2 high mileage additive which is about 4000 ppm zinc.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
What is it ... or what was it?

Street Legal Oil Boost.

It came in a bright pink bottle and it added the Zinc back to your oil. It was last sold at Big Lots for probably less than $1 a bottle. I've got about 20 bottles worth of the stuff left. I say "bottles worth" because after awhile the pink bottles would start to leak. I put all of mine in a 15W-40 oil containers.

Originally Posted By: MyTQuick
I've transferred over to other containers too. I have around 2.5 gallons left.

Wow! That and VSOT were very popular here, and both good products.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
What is it ... or what was it?

CD2 "Street Legal High Performance Oil Boost."

Label says: "High performance oil boost
"Inhibits friction by preventing oil thinning
"Contains 4x more antiwear additives than an API SL grade motor oil
"Reduces Engine wear

"For high RPM's
"Lubricates HOT engines
"Inhibits friction
"Reduces engine wear

Back label says:
"CD-2 Street Legal High Peformance Oil Boost modifies today's conventional motor oils for improved lubrication in high RPM, high horsepower or high torque applications. It improves oil film strength, lubricity and sheer stablity to prevent metal to metal wear. CD Oil Boost is effective in 5W-30 to 20W-50 grade conventional or synthetic motor oil blends. Contains four times more friction modifier and anti-wear additives than an API SL motor oil."

The transfer idea is a good one, grabbing that bottle cracked the top and I just poured it into a clean bottle. None of the others look like they've leaked so far - but better conserve and protect the "stash."

SLOB is ALL gone, and I'm down to ONE bottle of VSOT.
frown.gif

I have about 12 bottles left. I checked about a year ago and the pink plastic was still good. I do have some glass half gallon jugs that I use for FP I may transfer to them.

I still have a basement full of this stuff;
maybe 40-50 bottles. I only use a half bottle
per oil change, so it'll last a while.

That's a good heads up about the pink plastic
bottles deteriorating. Might have to store it
in something else...

For some reason, the last two bottles that I had(~ 2 yrs ago), has settled and the sediment looked like oatmeal. I had to throw it away. I'm glad I only paid $1/bottle.

I did an oil change yesterday, and when I opened a bottle of SLOB and poured it in, I noticed it had increased viscosity and looked like honey. I went ahead and added about 8 ounces and now I have trouble sleeping.

Will this do any damage?

Anyone else noticed SLOB thickening? This stuff is several years old but stored in a cool and dry basement.

I usually don't reply to a very old post, but....
A few years after it was discontinued and the dollar stores no longer carried it, I managed to snag a few dozen bottles online. During shipping in the mail service, some of them had started to leak and the USPS had opened up in the cardboard box and actually repacked it. It was a banned item, but they sent it to me anyway. I drained all of them out into a two gallon oil jug and still have it. I feel it was a solution to a problem that never really existed, at least in the engines that I have or had.

Thanks for the reply, Kruse. My vehicles all have flat lifter cams, and that's why I thought the SLOB was a good idea. I agree it's not needed with newer roller cams.

The bottle I opened looked like it was congealed, but it was never frozen or overheated. Maybe it was a fluke; I'll open up a couple others and see what they look like (I still have 40 or more bottles of this stuff). Hate to throw them all away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back