Got some oil change stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canuck - moved to —> California —> Texas —> ???
Nice of Valvoline and Petro Canada to send me some free oil change stickers.
thumbsup2.gif

2013-01-03151452.jpg

2012-12-17182457.jpg

I got some for free from O'Riley's back in the day to use, but I always know how long till I change my oil, so I usually slap them on the parents/friends cars so it reminds them to get it changed.

This is a score, ive been making my own for all my friends and family.

I write it on a slip of paper, then put clear tape over it in the top left corner of the windshield. Works well. Maybe next time im at Wally world, ill get some window sticker things

Sweet deal. I ended up buying a big pack off of eBay for like $3 or something cheap like that. Now I see them all the time at auto parts stores. What can ya do?

I know both Autozone and O'Reilly's have the rolls in the oil aisles. I use them for my friend's OCI reminder.

Nice, wish i had some of those for all the cars in the family I look at. I never have seen them. Beeline to my oil my filter and get out before i buy something tacky with a skull on it.

Last edited:
I have some from Redline I picked up.
Put 'em on a filthy windshield and it'll clean it right up in one OCI with no wiping
whistle.gif
sleep.gif
smirk.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: apwillard1986
Some autoparts stores have them on a big roll near the oil.

Not in Canada, at least in my experience.
wink.gif
We pay large dollars for filters and oil, and we pay for stickers, too.

I don't know what's going on with my local AAP but the last few times I've gone in there to purchase random car items they don't have any more oil change stickers by the oil shelves.

The ones that Valvoline sent me have checkboxes for the oil type, and Nextgen is one of those options!

Unfortunately, I've found that the clear stickers will allow a lot of sunlight to penetrate, which causes the ink to fade within a few months. For those of us on the extended OCI camp, you need a sticker with a white backing. The free autozone ones are very good for this reason.

In Canada, Canadian tire sells them, near the grease/drainplugs/oil filters..at least my store does. They aren't expensive, either.

If you email on the Mobil 1 website they will also send you oil change stickers and a bunch of other stuff for free. I did and I got about 2 lbs of stickers and stuff.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I almost spilled my coffee laughing. Thanks Garak!

I wonder if the pens that the oil companies sell have invisible ink that disappears after 3 months.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Nice of Valvoline and Petro Canada to send me some free oil change stickers.
thumbsup2.gif

2013-01-03151452.jpg

2012-12-17182457.jpg

How did you get these? I emailed valvoline and they didnt respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back